Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

I just placed my first order with Edinburgh (other have been with Intercal), and am disappointed.  They didn't give me the sale price on a sale item and several pairs of my eyes that I ordered are either drastically different in size, one eye egg-shaped, or have dramatically different pupil dilations.  Is this what I should expect from Edinburgh?  I've never had any troubles with my orders from Intercal.  I also would bet money that I placed an order from pre-looped 8mm black glass eyes, yet it was neither on my invoice or in my box.  I'm just really bummed as it was an expensive order for someone at my income level.  Thanks for the ear!

Shanna

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Shanna, you should definitely contact them.

I've placed many orders with Edinburgh, and asked Lisa many questions, and I've always gotten terrific service. I know she'd like the chance to make things right with your order, and I'm sure you'd like that, too.

Becky

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Thats what I suggest also, contact Lisa, they always go out of their way to make sure your order is complete and what you ordered.  Give it a try.
Pat

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Ive never had any issues though somethings have been out of stock before and not in my order. Yeah call Lisa, she's super nice and helpful. She's more than willing to give tips too.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If you have a problem with a company you need to call and address it with them, get answers and a resolution.

I've been ordering from Edinburgh almost exclusively for 10 years now and other than out of stock items upon occasion and a couple of pieces of mohair I wasn't too thrilled with (not their fault but the mill who made it's fault) I've never had any problems. I call my orders in just so I can get any questions I may have answered and that way I also know if anything is out of stock right away. Eyes, no matter where you order them from can be tricky, espcecially depending on the type/quality you order as they are all handblown so they won't all be perfectly identical or symetrical anyway. I spent 10 minutes sorting through the hundreds I have to come up with the matching pairs I sent you a couple weeks ago.

While it's unfortunate your first order wasn't perfect I wouldn't pass judgement until you've called Lisa to sort it out. Though ownership changed a while back, the company has been around for 25+ years so they must be doing something right. bear_original

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

I am happy to report that Lisa returned my call and told me that she would be happy to exchange the eyes for me.  She also suggested a line of high quality eyes and said I would have less issues with those being of different sizes.  Now just a little more patience on my part, at least the joints I needed to put together my first big bear arrived and he is almost done!! 

Daphne, I knew you must have gone through a bunch, those eyes I purchased from you were perfect!!

Thanks again

Shanna

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yay! So glad Lisa took care of you! She's the best!
Can't wait to see your big bear when he's all finished! :dance:

Board footer