Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

IMG_2102.jpgThe families that live on either side of my gran are both lovely, and will do anything to help her, but she is particularly close to her neighbours on the right, to the extent that they have a gate in their back fence to get back and forth (she hopped over the fence for years, but at 85 she decided she was too old for that  :crackup: ).  The two sons have only ever really known gran as a grandmother figure, their dad's mum having died before they were born, and their mum's mum having had alzheimers and dying a number of years ago.  The boys, now 17 and 19, come by for hugs, kisses and a chat almost every day!  Their mum, Donna, often drops by for coffee after she's taken gran up to the hairdressers or the supermarket, and once a week 'just because'.  Since Christmas her first stop when she comes in has been the armchair where Bailey, the bear I made gran for Christmas, sits, and she hugs him all the time she's there.

A couple of month and a half ago my gran asked me to make Donna a bear, when I had a moment, as a thank you for all that they have done for her, and I finished him at the weekend.  I took him over there tonight, and we hid him behind the sofa and phoned Donna to get her to pop by.  Her first port of call as ever was Bailey!  After a couple of minutes winding her up thoroughly, gran had me reveal the new bear, without saying any more.  Donna asked me his name, as I handed him over, and I said 'Whatever you want it to be'.  It took her a few seconds to realise what I'd said, and she flew across the room and gave me several hugs and kisses and burst into tears she was so happy!  I don't think I've ever made anyone that happy before!  She spent the next hour cooing over him before heading back home, intent on telling her husband that they had a new bedfellow, and working out how she could smuggle him into her suitcase to go on holiday  bear_grin

Anyway, here is a photo of Donna and Morgan, as she decided to name him:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What a sweet, sweet story, Katy!  bear_wub My eyes are welling here. How very special this is! Thank you for sharing!

:hug:
Debora

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

A special bear for a special lady.  Thanks for sharing the story.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

What a neat story! The emotional power of a teddy is never lost, no matter how young or old! bear_wub

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

A fantastic story and a beautiful bear!  Thanks for sharing!

Shanna

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

What a lovely story Katy..... makes life worthwhile...! bear_grin
Hugs,
Julia xxx

puca bears puca bears

LOVE this , Katy!  It's a great story, and you must (deservedly) feel really GOOD about it all :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Great bear, BTW!

big huggies
Maria

Karon Posts: 751

Oh Katy, what a lovely story, and Morgan is just gorgeous!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

I am sitting here in tears just imaging the evening!   What a sweet story.  Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Janice

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Katy, you are a real sweetheart and so is your grandmother for wanting that for her friend.
:hug: pat

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi there Katy,

Hope you're keeping well ...

That's a super little tale, I could imagine it all quite clearly!  Morgan looks lovely and I am sure will bring years of happiness!

Hugs

Marilyn

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story, Katy!

It looks like Morgan will become the happiest bear in the world!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A wonderful story, Katy . . . you and your granny are very special people!

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Morgan is wonderful...just right for hugging...

Board footer