Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Knowing that there was a beginners' section in last year's BBAAs after reading about the nominees here and in TBT, I thought I'd have a look at the categories and rules for this year.  I was wondering if anyone could answer the following question (I'm sure it gets asked of the organiser all the time, but I didn't want to look a total idiot, or at least not more than usual  :redface: ).  In the category for 'Artist who's been making bears for eighteen months or under etc' what does that actually mean?  Is it that you first picked up a piece of mohair and a needle less than 18 months ago, or does it mean you've been designing and making your own bears for less than 18 months?  See I started making other people's patterns, at roughly 2 or 3 a year, for about 5 years, then took a break for a couple of years, and then started designing and making my own last November.  I don't want to enter the wrong category, but I think I'll have to be pulling on my big girl panties (as a very dear friend says) if I have to go into the non-beginners sections (and perhaps be downing a couple of bottles of vodka before I post the entry  bear_whistle ).  Actually, what am I saying, I'll have to do that anyway regardless of the section  :crackup:

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

I think you may need to contact the organizers to be clear!!! Goodluck! :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

I had a look at the site Katy and I couldn't find any rules yet on there but I'm sure it will be updated soon.   Will keep a look out for you....xx

puca bears puca bears

Hi Katy.........I think it would be best to check with Wendy..........altho I think it does probably mean "making bears for less than 18 months"
period, full stop! And GO FOR IT...........you'll never know unless you enter!
big huggies
Maria

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Thanks guys, I think I will ask her, I just wasn't sure if this was something that 'everyone' knew and I was just the idiot that didn't lol

Board footer