Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

If I want to change the "look" of my blog background,do I have to recreate the whole thing?

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Hi Deb - good news!  You don't have to redesign it.

I noted that your blog is through blogspot - all you need to do is surf the net for 'blog backgrounds' for blogspot blogs and find one that you like (you'll need to decide whether or not you want a 2-column or 3-column blog and choose an appropriate design.

Once you've decided, you need to copy the text that will appear next to your choice (make sure it's for blogs not for facebook or twitter).  Then log into your own blog, click on the 'design' tab  and click on  'add' a 'gadget'.  Choose HTML and click on the + sign - once the window comes up,  then paste your copied text into the main area and save - that's pretty much it (don't type anything in the title area)

There are masses of blog backgrounds available - I am using one from the Scrappin' Blogs website at the moment, and all of them have plenty of different themes you can use too - mine is http://nikkelbears.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.  I would also be happy to swap links with you too if you like.

hope this helps you - I'll be interested to see what background you decided on!

Hugs,
Marg  bear_original

Fairfax,Vermont

Marg,
Thank you so much for the info! I played with it awhile last night but wasnt happy with the choices, I figured there must be a way to import more just coudnt figure it out!  Thank you! I love the eyes and expressions on your bears and yes I would love to swap links!

Fairfax,Vermont

Marg, what do you think?  haven't figured out how to add cute stuff down the side yet but its "fresher"!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Deb, I like the new blog look! The colors match the rose in your header. I think it looks really pretty. bear_thumb  bear_flower

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Deb I really like what you've done!   :clap:  :clap:

'cute stuff' down the sides are usually called 'widgets' or 'blinkies' and for the most part, the same websites which have your background also have these - otherwise just google 'blog blinkies'.

if you belong to any forums (such as TT), you can add the banner to your blog as well with a link back to TT (it's right at the top of the General section) + facebook or other social network sites you belong to.

You add them the same way you added your background (via HTML - they are just text so you cut and paste, and then save).  Google and Yahoo also have widgets like clocks or translators which might be useful when you get followers from around the globe (they can translate your page into their own language with one click).

hope this helps.

I don't profess to be an expert on this stuff - just self-taught through necessity!!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs,
Marg  bear_original

Fairfax,Vermont

thanks Marg and Debora! I am probably going to tweak the banner a bit because i dont qiote love it..but my software is being updated at the moment!  hello CS5! I  am so excited! Iguess Im irritated ai cant place the widgets where i want them,,add a gadget  seems to be pretty stationery.

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Deb, you can move your widgets or other gadgets around by clicking on them (in design mode) and dragging them (up or down) to whatever sequence you want them to appear in on your blog.

Hugs
Marg  bear_original

Board footer