Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

I thought I would find a sympathetic ear hear and wanted to share.  Yesterday we were down at my Beau, Sean's cabin where his grandfather, his girlfriend and her cat are currently residing.  We were out on the boat and when we came in Sean said that the cat had gotten something.  The cat ran off when we approached so I walked closer to get a look and it was just a little baby mouse.  Sweet sweet sweet!  I picked up the little mouse with a towel and noticed that he had an injured leg (it was cut, I'm assuming from the kitty claws).  I wanted desperately to bring him home with me and watch over him for a few days so he could get back on his feet.  I was then going to release him in a safe area back near the cabin, but Sean refused.  As I am a visitor for the summer I felt there was nothing I could do.  I am afterall, a guest and he was very much against hosting a mouse in his house even for a few days.  I informed him, were we at my home, or a home that we shared, things would have turned out much differently, but I'm still pining away for that little baby mouse.  I took him to a pile of leaves that collected under an unused grill and was against a stone wall and near a bunch of mouse holes, but when we were driving off I saw the cat playing with another mouse and just hoped that it wasn't that little baby.

I've now started to stitch a little baby mouse.

Thanks for listening.

Shanna

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Aw, I can understand! bear_cry The cat and mouse relationship is not always a pleasant one. You did the right thing by putting the mouse in a good spot. Hugs to you! :hug:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Oh how sad.  I would also feel sad. 

Joanne

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

My little daughter has a cave with 2 mice in it - a white one and a black-and-white one. She loves her mice and she plays with them day by day. Our neighbours cat - Filou the cute white-and-grey one - "loves" the mice too. Everytime the cat comes up to our home she tries to go into my girls room and 3 times she  got the possibility - as we haven't been inside the room for a tiny moment - to through down the cave ...... A big bang, a lourd noise, a cry from my daughter and the cat who is running away ....... and looking inside the room we see the mice running from one corner to the other, my daugher crying - everythiing down on the flor ........ omg - a mouse makes life funny, 2 mice more funny but 2 mice and a cat - incredible - hahahahaha  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I totally understand!   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww...too bad your host is not  aminal friendly. Some people are just like that. Is the mouse still there? Perhaps driving it to the Humane Socieity or ASPCA. They take in injure animals. I bet they could rehab the mouse.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub mice are a joy if they are your pets and you have them in cages, my kids also had them as pets.  the outside kind are also so cute and I would not harm them.  I understand you wanted to help the little one, but sometimes its up to mother nature to do her thing. bear_cry

Loveland

Michelle-
   I haven't seen him.  It's possible that he became cat food  bear_cry .  I used to work with the Colorado Division of Wildlife as a rehabilitator.  I only did transports and bat rehabilitation, never saw a mouse come through.  I'm wondering if they actually would rehab a mouse.  The bats were amazing...I loved loved loved it.  So unique to the animal kingdom and just because it's often misunderstood, bats are not rodents.  Just had to clear the record on that one, so many people think that they are.

Thanks everyone for your sympathetic ears!!

Shanna

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, poor baby, hope his mum found him and took him home to care for

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Poor mouse.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Shanna: I agree about bats. In Minnesota, they are a protected species. I work in After-Hours for my company. About 10:00 pm one evening three bats got in though a vent. They were flying around and scaring my staff. We called the police and they came armed with mosquito  repellent and catchers nets (you know the ones used for butterflies). Oh, and gloves and masks. I asked about the mosquito  repellent and what it did for bats and he said he had no idea if it works but that was all he had!  Imagine this big 3 burly police officers walking around in gloves, masks,  nets in one hand and mosquito  repellent in the other. It was a hoot!   :crackup:

They were not successful in catching the little darlings. It took one of my staff members (devoid of all the haute couture aka "police bat catching gear") to get them in a room closed the door. The next morning the animal control went in and caught them and released them back outside.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Love that image you conjured up there Michelle, I needed a laugh tonight!

Loveland

Funny Story!  I often get a kick out of people's reactions as well.  I have gone in with nothing before (of course I've had the vaccinations, just in case).  I do hope that people do see their beauty though.  We are having problems on the East Coast with something called White Nose Syndrome and it's killing off hundreds of thousands of bats.  We really need some bat advocates now more than ever!  Thanks for sharing that funny story.

Shanna

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

You remember I told you about the two mice of my little daughter - well one of them went to the mouse-rainbow last night and my little one was crying of course so much, as she loved her mouse very much!!!!
bear_sad

Loveland

Oh, I'm so sad to hear about your daughters mouse.  It's so hard to lose a pet!

hugs
Shanna

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

poor lil mouse
i owuld feel the same
cat xxxx

Board footer