Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Hi everyone,

I was wondering...if anyone had any unwanted, or scrap bits of mohair lying around, would you consider donating them to me? Being a next-to-poor single mom, I've yet to buy mohair of any kind as I can't afford it. So if anyone has anything they don't intend to use, can't stand the sight of...or even if you've got bity little scraps that you can't use, please let me know. Thanks very much!  bear_original  :hug:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Hi Shannon,
I would love to contribute some scraps to you!   If you want to send me a PM giving me your address, I'll send you out a few scraps next week!
Mohair adds a whole new dimension to bearmaking - I know you will love working with it!
Hugs & Blessings,
Janice

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shannon,

I'd be happy to  send you a couple of scrap pieces too.  Is there anything else that you would like a sample to try ie screw/locknut joints or anything else I may have .  Please email me your address and I will get it in the mail for you asap bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Send your address to me, too, Shannon.

I'm sure there must be some extra mohair around here someplace!  bear_grin

Becky

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I always save every little scrap but I'm not sure if you would be interested in the tiny stuff (like 1" X 1") I just can't seam to trow it away. I have a whole bag of teeny tiny pieces. Also have you tried e-bay or intercal's bargain list? The bargain list is great for getting cheap show samples or slightly flawed mohair.

Ottawa, Ontario

Nina, I'll have to have another look at the bargain list...maybe I'll be able to order something in the future when I hopefully sell one of my bears. I'm hoping to use the sale proceeds from my bears towards materials for making more. Wish me luck!  bear_grin

Thank you very much ladies, for your generosity. You've made this lil bear maker very happy indeed! I'll keep everyone posted with pictures of whatever it is I make.  bear_grin  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

How small of scraps can you use?  I usually just throw my scraps away because my sewing room is getting so stuffed!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Shannon,  I have more than plenty of stuff around here.  Send me your address and the size of bears you are making.  Tell me what else you are in need of, seriously.  I have enough to share.

Joanne

bear_essentials Posts: 1

Hi Shannon, great blog and very informative. I just had a few questions for you as I wanted to donate about 50lbs. of scrap mohair that, for some reason, I couldn't at all use to make a profit for myself with; probably cause I realized how I can't stand the sight of it (it's send or burn it, I'm afraid).

I was wondering how you enjoyed that trip to Ireland with your boyfriend, and if you have anymore vacations coming up, as I LOVE seeing other peoples photos of trips abroad. How much was that trip exactly?

I know that where I live it is very hard being a next to poor single mother; once you've paid for all those necessities like cable, utilities, food for a child, vacations, and such, there really is nothing left to spend is there?

Let me know where to ship all this product at my cost so I can get the Mohair to you ASAP.

Regards,
Nancy.   bear_wub

If life throws you a lemon, add tequila.  -Known

K Pawz Guest

Welcome another bear maker! send me a pm with your addy I am sure I have some pieces to send on to a new bear maker to try.

Hugs,
Krista

Fallenrose near Cologne

Gosh, every time I stumble upon TT, I'm so overwhelmed by the fact that all of you are so generous to share your knowledge and to part with the expensive mohair.
I mean, I have experienced this myself, I have wanted to buy some mohair for my bears for months now but having given that I'm just a student, I can obviousely not afford it - and then I met Karon who donated me some mohair she had no use for. I was like "wow" and couldn't believe it, she didn't even want me to pay the shipping costs or something like this - and those are pieces big enough to make several (smaller) bears out of it.

It is just so good to see that there are still people out there who are willing to help others! This character trait is remarkable nowadays

Big Hugs, Ariane

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Hi Shannon,

If you don't have enough fabric from the other offers...please contact me.  I am sure I also have mohair I will no longer use and would be happy to help out.  I have been making cloth dolls for quite a while now , rather than bears.
Blessings,
Nancy

Fallenrose near Cologne

eehm..

I really don't want to be importunate, but... is there any chance that somebody of you has a few mohair scraps left over for me, too?   :redface: bear_rolleyes

Hugs, Ariane

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Hi Shannon, where in Ontario do you live? I live in ST Thomas Ontario, Nancy I see you live in Ontario too.....where do you live in Ontario?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Ariane, could you send me a PM with your address? There might be another spare piece of mohair here at my house.

Becky

Ottawa, Ontario

Hi Lynn, I live in our nation's capital, Ottawa Ontario  bear_grin I've heard of St-Thomas before, how's things in that corner of the province?  bear_original

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thank you Becky. I've sent you a PM

K Pawz Guest

Hi Ariane! Absolutley! Send me a pm with your addy!

I am still going through mine for pieces so I will do up a package for you too! It may take a little longer to get to you coming from Canada, but it will get there.
This has been great to get my mohair gone through, I have found some I didn't even remember I had!!

Hugs
Krista

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thank you very much, Krista, I'll send you a pm.

Oh, I know this experience. I have just gone through my stash of normal fabric (for doll making) and found some unusual fabrics I didn't know I had (I must have bought them, but I can't remember) - but maybe those can be included into one of my bears....

Hugs, Ariane

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Hi Shannon, It has been hot this summer. My daughter's friend moved there from Alberta last year. The weather has been very crazy this year. We moved here a year ago. I have not heard of any bear makers in my area. I look forward to seeing your creations.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Fallenrose wrote:

I really don't want to be importunate, but... is there any chance that somebody of you has a few mohair scraps left over for me, too?   :redface: bear_rolleyes Hugs, Ariane

Hi Ariane,
I have two pieces of mohair left from a time when I thought I could be a bear-maker too (what was I thinking  :crackup: ).
If you PM me your address, I will send them to you.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thank you, Peter. I've just sent you a pm with my address  :hug:

Hugs, Ariane

Bareteddie Posts: 11

I have some mohair scraps I would be happy to send to anyone who wants them just send me your snail mail addresses, and I'll put them in the mail ASAP.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

All you people are so nice to send mohair to these nice ladies.    bear_flower

I have a question and maybe someone can help me.  I have a niece who had adopted a little girl from Ethiopia and she has been looking for a brown doll.  Now I have come up with a doll but I am having problems trying to find some afro looking fur for the hair.  Does anyone have a small piece they could send to try?  It can be mohair or faux fur.   The little girl just turned 2 so it has to be able to be played with.  If I can find enough of this type of fur, I will be making several of the dolls for her friends.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

K Pawz Guest

HI Shannon and Ariane, just wanted to let you know I got a package off to each of you today with some mohair in it to try...cant wait to see what you make with it!!

Hi Eva, I will take a look through and see what I have, would a piece of black alpaca work? It isn't curly but may give the look your looking for? I only have scrap pieces of this though, how big of a piece do you need?

hugs,
Krista

Pages:

Board footer