Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Fallenrose near Cologne

I wanted to try out an open-mouthed bear as they look so sweet, and have already read about the different possibilities in the library, but I was wondering if anybody could tell me which method would work best for a miniature?

Hugs, Ariane

Fallenrose near Cologne
Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Tristan.jpgHi Ariane,
I have tried both methods, but I prefer to use the inset mouth method, so that the side head pieces have a cut in them to insert the, roughly, diamond shaped inside mouth piece. I didn't explain that very well. Here is a picture of my latest open mouth miniature. He is approximately 4inches (10cm) tall.

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks for the input, Gail.

I have thought about adding a "ear-shaped" piece onto the chin but having given the tiny fur length this wouldn't work well, I think. I was then thinking about your method but didn't know if it would work out on a small bear, it definitely sounds very fiddly - but I'll try it out!

Hugs, Ariane

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

pip.jpgHi Ariane,

I have only ever done an open mouth once.  I literally just sewed on a third ear onto his chin with a little bit of ultrasuede for his tongue, it worked ok.

-Catherine

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi Catherine,

did it work well? I mean, I could imagine that with the tiny fur length a gab would still be between the third ear and the rest of the head?!

Hugs, Ariane

Board footer