Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

girl1.jpggirl4.jpggirl3.jpggirl2.jpgHello everyone, I just wanted to share our newest family member with you all. bear_original Last week, my neighbor gave me a call and asked me if I minded bringing her to the shelter here on base to retrieve her escapee dogs. Of course I said sure. While I was waiting for her to fill out paperwork, I decided to see what the facilities looked like, and all of the animals. I typically don't like going to look at all of the sad faces but I just had to go take a little peek. They had some cute little puppies and such, but this girl just caught my eye. There she was just standing there, tail wagging, and the biggest smile on her face, watching me through the chain link gate. So I went over to say hi to her, and I saw the biggest belly!! Oh my gosh! I looked at the paperwork on her gate and in big capital letters and underlined - *PREGNANT!!* and then 'picked up - stray' I looked at her smiling face and I saw all the little scars all over her face and head, and the tip of her left ear missing. Then I looked behind her at the bare cement floor... no comfy bed for her aching pregnant belly. Sigh... I fell in love with her. I went back and visited her more during the next week and they said so many people come and look at her and then as soon as they see she is pregnant, nope.  bear_cry I know, I know, I'm crazy. Everything in the world should have told me to let it go, walk away. But I just couldn't stop thinking about her. I could tell she had a good heart. It took me many days of convincing my husband... and here she is!  bear_smile I guess we will do our best with her and the puppies, and try to find good homes for them when they come! Anyway, here she is! The newest member of our family! bear_original

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Aw, she looks like a sweetheart! I'm glad you took the plunge.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Fallenrose near Cologne

what a heartwarming story! I'm glad you rescued her!

Hugs, Ariane

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

She is beautiful.  You have a really good heart to take her on.   I took a stray in 4 years ago now.  He is the most loving, thankful dog I have ever met.  I have not regretted giving him a home for one minute.

Joanne

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a sweet story, glad she's got a happy ending  bear_original

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Aw, well done Kimberly!  You sound as soppy as me!!!  Your lovely new dog is not the only one with a good heart, you have too!  I don't think I could resist either knowing that she was basically all alone and not in comfortable surroundings, although she was being looked after so I think you have done a fantastic thing by adopting her.

Have you decided on a name for her yet?

I hope you all have a wonderful time together and look forward to more photos of her and the new puppies!

You all take care now!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hello, all! Thank you so much for your kind words  bear_flower  We've decided to name her 'Jesse' and of course I will have lots of photos of puppies when they come! bear_original Does anyone here have any knowledge on pregnant mommas and puppy births? I thought I remember seeing someone post about their puppy births on here... I could use a little guidance! bear_original bear_original bear_original

Kristina Kristina Bears
Edmonton
Website

The world is a better place knowing that there are people like YOU here!!!!  bear_wub That puppy is going to bring you so much love and she needed someone and maybe you needed her to.....something or someone was drawing you towards her!!! It was meant to be!!!!! Can't wait to hear and see all the updates!!!
Hugs
Kristina

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

That's the most heartwarming story ever!!  God Bless you for taking in that pup...she needed some love and you're giving it to her... bear_wub

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

In my eyes you are a champion  :hug:  :hug:  Jesse looks a lovely girl good luck with the puppies.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jesse is a sweetheart!  You're an angel for adopting her and her soon-to-be-family.  Can't wait for photos of the offspring!

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

You are an angel! Jesse is a very lucky girl. She looks like a sweetheart. I bet you will have fun with puppies! Hopefully it won't be too hard to find homes for them when the time comes.
Beth

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

God Bless your kind heart, Kim!   Jesse is so beautiful and you can just see in her eyes that she is grateful to have a nice, soft place to lie instead of on the cold, hard, cement floor.   I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the puppies!   Good luck with your new family member!
xoxo,
Janice

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Awwwww she is so beautiful  bear_wub  and she looks so happy, what a lovely person your are. It was fate when you two met.  I always get my dogs from rescue places, and apart from one that needed retraining, they have all been gentle natured animals. Wishing you and her well with the birth.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Thank you so much for taking Jesse in.  She will repay you many times over with loyalty and love.

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

What a wonderful person you are, to save that gorgeous mom to be in her time of need, you will surley get lots of gold stars for that, but I am sure all those loving licks and heart warming looks from her is enough in itself! God bless You!!  Hugs, Susan. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

MadScientwist Posts: 65

She is beautiful! And it is always an amazing experience to have a dog who has puppies. I am sure you will have no trouble finding them all homes. Just remember to take lots of pictures of the little puppies as they grow!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

What a wonderful thing to do, Kimberly, you are a true rescue angel !!  bear_thumb

I'm sure that Jesse is thrilled to have found a new loving home for herself and get all the help and love she needs when giving birth to the pups.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I can't wait to read more about the pregnancy and the birth.   :dance:

Big Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Ft. Bragg, NC

Awww, you guys are making my eyes tear up! bear_original Thank you all so much for your kind words. That's what I told my husband - it was a sign that I went in that day and found her! We had to give up our Charlie girl who we rescued from the pound, before we moved here, and I missed her so terribly. This girl looks a lot like her, and I saw the same 'soul' in this sweet girl's eyes... she looked at me the same way Charlie did at the shelter. It was meant to be....  bear_wub

Right now she is sleeping A LOT. lol she likes to lie on the carpet with her back legs stretched out behind her. She gets up a lot and just comes to see where I am, then goes and lies back down. Honestly, she looks miserable. LOL She has that "Ugh, this BELLY..." look in her eyes. Sleepy and weary... I've been researching, and its seems like she is within the last 3 weeks of her pregnancy. I had a dream last night that she had kittens.  bear_laugh

Oh yeah, 'Jesse' just wasn't fitting her, so it looks like we are still on the hunt for a name for her... sigh... bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

She is gorgeous!  Who could resist that face??!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   Congratulations on finding such a wonderful addition to your family!   :clap:  :clap:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you, Melisa!! bear_original

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Jesse is a darling dog. the world needs more people like you in it.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer