Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Fallenrose near Cologne

So, I'm taking the Basic Bear Boot Camp at Ebearz and after having sewn everything I'm facing the problem of Joints.

My Bears are normally smaller and I don't have problems using a string joint on them, but the bear I'm making requires 45mm and 55mm Joints. Well, I had a look at some websites mentioned in the "Supplies" Part of Ebearz, found one located in Australia that had fiberboard disks for a pretty reasonable price and some other stuff I could have used at a very cheap price - but then at checkout they wanted to charge me like 25$ for the shipping which isn't at all acceptable for me.  bear_cry

My question is: Does anybody know of a website that does sell Joints (mainly the disks are what I can't find) for a reasonable price where the shipping to Germany wouldn't cost me a fortune? I don't need to buy in bulk, I won't make too much more bears that big anymore, I only need 3  45mm joints (= 6 disks) and 2  55mm joints (=4 disks)....

Even a website where I could buy a pack of 10 disks would be good as I plan to try my hands at the "Goldie" Pattern, too and would need 6  40cm disks and 4  45cm disks for this one, too

Hope anybody can help me.  bear_original

Big hugs, Ariane

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hi Ariane, anything you would want for joints is available from our lovely Teddy Talk sponsors, Intercal... the link is at the top right hand side.
   There is also bear suppliers in Europe too, one that comes to mind is Probear. They should come up if you google them. I don't really have much experience in ordering from Europe, but can vouch for Intercal being great bear_original

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Hi Ariane,
You can also get joint packs to make one bear from Edinburgh Imports - www.edinburghimports.com    Good luck!
Hugs,
Janice

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi you can use this German ebay shop for the 45mm and perhaps they can help fnd some 55mm -

http://stores.ebay.de/Kessi-Baren__W0QQ … 1QQ_sopZ10

I use this ebay shop alot and can recommend them.

Heres another one that has 55m

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Teddy-Gelenkschei … tDomain_77

Hope this helps

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi all,

I took a look at Intercall yesterday already, but all I've seen were packs of 100 disks - surely good for anyone doing more bigger bears, but not what I looked for.

I also took a look at Edinburgh before, but was confused by the Inch measurements and couldn't convert them into the mm measurements I was looking for; well, I had another look right now and noticed that there were in fact the mm measurements, but just at the 100 disk packs  bear_ermm  Yeah, it was late when I browsed through the net..lol

Probear was one of the suppliers listed on Ebearz, but they are having holidays until the 16th so I'm not sure if I should wait that long.... I probably could as they should ship faster than an English/American business can....

Ali, thanks for reminding me of those two shops, I have them in my favorite shops folder as I bought from them already, but it didn't occur to me to take a look there, too  :crackup:

Thank you all for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Hugs, Ariane

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Probear is in Germany, and they do all supplies, I'd start there... http://www.probear.com/com/shop/index.html  they do joints in packs of 10

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks Katy,

as they are on holidays atm, I bought my supplies at another store, but I'll surely buy from Pro Bears in the future

Hugs, Ariane

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi Ariane,
sorry I have read your question just right now! Do you have the joints? Otherwise I will look in my bearmakingcase :-) and can send you a pair of!

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi Claudia,

thanks for your very kind offer.
I have found the complete joints I was looking for already, in one of the online shops Ali mentioned, and am eagerly waiting for them to arrive lol

Hugs, Ariane

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hallo Ariane,
I saw that you already found the joints you were looking for, but in future you could also try Joel Bears which has an amazing variety of accessories, tools and other bear-related items. Here's the link to the page on their website where you find the 'Pappscheiben' in various sizes: http://www.joelbears.eu/index.php?main_ … 20a&page=2 
Joel Bears is based in the Netherlands, but you will find them on many teddy bear shows, also in Germany. And of course they have the webshop.

Hugs,
Marianne

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi Marianne,

another supplier I didn't know - thank you very much! I'll surely try them out as I'm working on a special project for my mother's birthday and will need other joints for this one, too. And the accessories look great, too *_*

Thanks again, Ariane

Board footer