Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

amie5a.jpgHi,

I need ideas on how to display my "Wee Caboodles" at our high school craft bazaar.  I would appreciate photos? or websites as reference?

hugs,
Sheila

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

You can use any kind of boxes and stack and cover them with a cloth so that you have some height to your display.  I use plastic shoe boxes and stack them and cover with a cover and they work well as they all fit together for storage later.   Here is a picture of the display without the cloth so that you can see how I stack the boxes.    Hope this helps you a little bit.Mothers_Day_flowers_2010_008.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Sheila,

Eva's idea is terrific, and I just did a search for "show photos" in the "General" forum and up came many posts that include photos of show tables all set up.

And as colorful as your cuties are, I might recommend simple backdrops so that the pieces really stand out.

Good luck with the show!

Becky

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi,

What color of a backdrop/table cover should I use since my wee caboodles are all bright colors?

hugs,
Sheila

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Personally I'd use black... that would make them really pop! Navy blue or deep burgandy would probably be OK too but black would be my first choice.

Tip: Polyester material is great because it hardly wrinkles and fuzz doesn't stick to it like it would cotton. Down side: if you are leaning your creations against it they may slide/no stay up. Another alternative would be fleece... won't wrinkle and your pieces will "stick" to it to help them stay upright. Downside: fuzz will stick too. Another option is microsuede... might wrinkle a bit but not bad and it has enough texture to help pieces stand up but not so much that fuzz/fiber/hair will stick to it too.

Definitely look at show photos here on TT.... you'll get tons of ideas!!!

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi Daphne,

Thank you for your tips! I like the idea of using black.  I'll have to go to the fabric store and check out polyester or microsuede.

How have you been?  I haven't talk to you for quite some time now. 

hugs,
Sheila

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Sheila: I don't sell bears but I know that small dishes of candy strategically placed draws my attention to the bears as I reach for a candy. Plus the dishes add a nice decroative element to the table.  Just a thought.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
sheilaleigh wrote:

Hi Daphne,

How have you been?  I haven't talk to you for quite some time now.

Hi Sheila!! I'm great! Keeping really busy between making bears and organizing shows! Oh, and getting sucked into the timewarp some of us call Facebook! LOL! It's amazing how quickly the time passes when you're online!! bear_whistle

How are you? I'm excited about your upcoming craft show! I bet your Wee caboodles will do great! bear_thumb

Hugs,
Daphne

Board footer