Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Our office had a new, and sobering thought running through it today. No-one, it was felt, could claim they had had a bad day, when compared to the guy that got run over by a bus outside the office.

I was walking in this morning just after it happened - the guy, who works for an insurance company on the 6th floor of our building, had parked in his usualy disabled space, got out of the car, and tripped into the path of an oncoming (thankfully single decker) bus. The street is a one way street, the traffic almost exclusively buses and taxis, and the lights at the bottom of the road had just changed as he opened the door of the car. The bus had probably got up to about 30 mph when it hit him - due to a lorry unloading into the local supermarket across the road, there was nowhere for the bus to have swerved even if he had had time. By the time I appeared the ambulance had just arrived, along with the police, and they were restarting his heart, still with him half under the bus. Given that the bus had gone over his chest, to the extent that you could see the tyre marks, and the amount of blood visible, we were amazed he survived, but he was, the last we heard, still in intensive care at the local hospital.

There were so many people just standing and gawking, I just went past as quickly as possible so as to keep out of the way of the emergency services. At lunchtime when I popped over the road to grab somethign for tonight's dinner, I had to go round the police tape where they were taking accident scene photos (I doubt the bus driver will be prosecuted, it was sheer bad luck), and people were still dawdling by to get a good look at both the police and the copious amounts of blood still visible on the road. I've never understood people's fascination in other people's obvious pain and misery - people slowing down to get a good look at car accidents drive me nuts too!

Anyway, this evening I am thankful that no matter how crappy my job situation currently is, and how irritating it is that the mortgage company have screwed something up, I am still alive and well, and safe, and so are my family and friends.

Hugs to you all, hope you're all doing well too  :hug:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That poor man! I do hope he pulls through.

Becky

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww, poor guy. Many prayers for him.  :pray:

puca bears puca bears

Very sobering - I DO hope the poor guy recovers

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

OMG Katy, that is awful, that poor guy. I do hope he pulls through. Sending my thoughts and prayers his way.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer