Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

I listed a bear on Bearpile and received an order Wednesday morning.  I immediately sent her an email stating the payment instructions as requested (paypal).  I have not received the payment or even an email from this person acknowledging my email. I know it has only been 24 hours but?????  I always made an immediate (as soon as I could) response when buying or purchasing an item.  I have her phone number but not sure if would be okay if I call her. I don't know what to think. Did she change her mind?  Of course I have no idea what she intends to do and I do not know what I should do!  Has anyone had this happen?  How do you think I should handle this?  I need your advice....again!   

Thank you...
hugs..
Cindy

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Did you mark the bear as adopted?  I hope not.  Always keep your bears  listed until you receive payment.  If you get another inquiry about the bear, sell it!  If by chance you hear from the first person tell them that you did not hear from them and assumed that they changed their mind.  I often get inquiries through Bear Pile that do not pan out.

I hope that this helps!

Alison

Statham, GA

Thanks Alison.  I did not mark him adopted.  I am disappointed that she did not at least send an email to let me know.  Oh well..live and learn I guess.  I appreciate your help.

Cindy

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Wait two business days.  Send another e-mail.
If a week goes by without a reply, write them off.

Depending on the policy of the website you are working under or your own policy, you may mark the Bear "pending adoption" or some such thing but, after seven days, it is perfectly reasonable to let somebody else have a chance to adopt the Bear first.

How would you do it if this was a real-life store?  There might be some modifications to your policies for selling on the internet but, most of the time things are the same...  only you can't see the other person.

Statham, GA

Good Advice and very applicable. Thank you!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Cindy,
     I had that happen to me a couple of months ago on Bearpile - since the phone number was there, I decided to call her.  She was very apologetic and said she had had company for several days and hadn't checked her email.  She wanted the bear and paid right away. I don't understand someone not checking when they had sent out a request like that, but I did get paid.  If you want, send me a PM and I'll let you know if it's the same lady - it wouldn't surprise me..

hugs,

Brenda

Statham, GA

Yes Brenda. I sent you a pm and we will see if it is the same person. This has kind of bummed me out. Thanks for your help.

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I had something like this happen on my website. I waited a week & then called & they still wanted the item,they just said they didn't know how to use the Internet or e-mail that well lol

Statham, GA

I hope my situation ends up being something that simple.  I did email her a second time and since I had her phone number I left a message.  I am glad it worked out for you. And..thank you for letting me know.  I can't imagine she would not let me know if she changed her mind.  I guess I will have to wait  and see what happens.

Jo W Posts: 22
Website

I hope it works out for you! I haven't used Bearpile but I do know that with other sites eg ebay, that sometimes you don't hear back from people for 3 days. Some people just don't check their emails etc every day. I have been known to forget too!  bear_grin

Statham, GA

Hi Jo,

It did work out!  I emailed her twice and received no response.  After the wonderful advice from others here and on Bearpile, I decided to call her and leave a voice mail as my last ditch effort to contact her.  I wanted to give her every chance to respond.  She answered my call and had not received my emails.  Apparently my emails went to her spam folder. She still wanted the bear, thanked me for my effort and holding the bear for her and  paid me immediately and her bear was on his way to her the next day.  I am glad I made that call.  As for Bearpile ... this is the first bear I have made since returning to bear making and this is the first time I have used Bearpile.  I am very happy with this venue for my sales.   
Cindy

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

That is good news Cindy. Always do your Due Diligence. There may be reasons we do not think of as to why something is not working out. Case in point: My father ordered a necklace to be made (it was actually for me). The designer e-mailed my dad many times with design ideas got not response. I got this call from the designer saying "your father is always so good about communication but I have no idea why I have not heard back from him". Well what happened was my dad got very ill and was in ICU for many days and from start to finish, he was not able to go home for two months. Since I have ordered jewelry from this designer in the past he had my number. Thankfully he called me. I explained what happened. He was so relieved that dad was going to be o.k. He even sent him a card in the hospital.  Ending to the story, since it was my necklace that dad was having made for me, I sent him a check and got my necklace!! Dad and I have since, enjoyed many good transactions with this designer.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

So glad it worked out for you Cindy, and Michelle, glad you got your necklace!

Statham, GA

Thank you.  I am also glad it turned out well. If I had assumed she had changed her mind about wanting him and not made every effort to contact her, I would not have sold my bear, she would not have received  the bear she wanted to adopt and it may have ended negatively  for both of us. I learned a valuable lesson for sure.

I am also glad that you received your necklace Michelle and your dad is okay.

Board footer