Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hello Teddy Bear Friends: I am so excited to find Ted Menten is going to give a class on Ebearz University. I signed up and can't wait to take this on-line class. I've been a great fan of Ted's bears and I heard over the years that he is a great teacher. So I wanted to share my enthusiasm....Here is what he is teaching:

http://www.kranbearys.com/Ebearz/Bears/Toots.htm

Karon Posts: 751

Hi Michelle

I saw his class hear - looks great doesn't she.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I took a class (live) taught by Ted in 1997.  He was very entertaining, showed how to accomplish some of the clever ways he creates his delightful style, and shared with us a lot of his personal history.  He told us he would be retiring soon, but it seems to me that never happened.  Several years ago, I bought a few items from his ebay store while he was selling off some of his bear collection.  I'm sure you will enjoy his class, Michelle.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I bet that in person class was very interesting and a lot of fun! So much of what we do is best learned by seeing someone else do it. And he sure has a LOT to offer! Lucky you, Sue Ann!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes, Daphne . . . he was interesting.  He spoke in an . . . um . . . "earthy" kind of way, shall we say, and his upbringing was a bit unusual.  A unique individual.

teeeej Brisbane

I have signed up for that class also. I probably won't ever be able to meet him in person, so this is the next best thing.  bear_grin

----
Therese

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Sue Ann wrote: He was very entertaining, showed how to accomplish some of the clever ways he creates his delightful style

Now Sue Ann, you peaked my interest. Can you give us a hint on some of Teds ways of creating his style of bear?

Therese: I think we will have a good time in the on-line class.  I agree, I don't think I will ever have a chance to take a live class with Ted. I don't know if you is even teaching classes in person anymore. Does anybody know?

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I recently completed a bear from one of Ted Manton's patterns.  I don't often use anyone else's patterns but hey I had the book.  What really suprised me was that for the first time ever my finished bear looked like the photo in spite of changes I made to the face.

Board footer