Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Just to say I hope everyone enjoyed the Hugglets Bear Fair and had a good journey home whether near or far.   I had a lovely time going round with Jane and meeting so many lovely people and wonderful bears.  Congratulations to all exhibitors; I hope you had a successful day, though it seemed much quieter than usual.  We'll all now look forward to seeing Jane's photos!! 

Margaret  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Karon Posts: 751

I was a bit gob-smacked when I arrived at the Town Hall at 10am to find only about 20 people sitting on a row of seats.  By 10.30 it was lookingg a bit more healthy with the que going down the steps and round the corner.

This was a little worrying though - I have seen this happen with the doll world - to the point that in the end it wasn't even worth going to them.  I do hope this is not going to happen with the bears.

HOWEVER it was very heartening to know that some people more or less cleared their stands of bears - and the fabric suppliers seemed to be doing well.

All in all a good show.

Nice meeting your Ali, Dawn and Peter!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I thought it was a pretty good show yesterday.  I sold all my bears and was busy throughout the day.  There wasn't quite the 'crush' there was at February's show, but it seemed to me, there was a very healthy number of visitors to the show and sales were being made all day long.

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

I had a lovely show, I don't know where the time went too, sales were super, sold lots of Urchins and some Grogs and a couple of trade orders, so the long journey and toothache was worth it  bear_grin  The one complaint I have is I need the show to be sign posted off the M1 saying "Jacqui This Way" LOL!! I can't believe with doing the show twice a year for the last few years and sat nav, we still seem to have a tour around the centre of London, this time it was the back streets suffering the humps in the road  :crackup: At one point Darren said lets get a taxi and follow him LOL!!

Hugs to you all
Jacqui

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

:crackup:  :crackup:  What a clever idea..............follow a taxi, it would have to be a bright pink one for me, else I would lose it

It sounds like a good day  bear_thumb

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Sue

It would have to be a bright pink one with a big flashing light on top for me to follow......I have never been over so many road humps in my life, its a bit much when an ice-cream van overtakes you :crackup:   all we could hear going over the bumps was the bells on my bears hats jingling in there boxes :crackup:

Hugs
Jacqui bear_grin

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I went as a visitor and thought the show was busy.The fabric stands were really busy and I had to queue to get my supplies.
I was driving in London and got in the wrong lane but luckily for me it turned out to be a shortcut much to hubbys relief bear_grin
After a while all the streets look the same and it is easy to get lost...managed it many a time bear_grin
Laurie :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Jacqui, I can picture it now, such a funny sight, seriously though thats the trouble with sat-navs they opt for the shortest routes when often the fastest route is the main roads and easier

Wish I could have gone, can't wait for Jane's piccies  bear_thumb

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

A week on and I hope everyone's recovered from the show itself and the various adventures getting there - especially you Peter if you read this - so sorry to have missed meeting you and your new additions.  I had to leave early so didn't see the empty stands later - well done  - now on with creating the next set of wonderful creations for February!  Meanwhile ................... Happy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Margaret wrote:

A week on and I hope everyone's recovered from the show itself and the various adventures getting there - especially you Peter if you read this - so sorry to have missed meeting you and your new additions.  Margaret

Sorry to have missed you too, Margaret.  I had my TT badge on, but at some points I was just whizzing through the aisles.
Next time I will make sure I will be there before opening and after closing !  bear_grin

I did manage to stay on after the doors were officially closed and that was a rather strange experience.   All the tables were being cleared (some very fast, some more slowly); all the bears that had not found new owners being stowed away in boxes and bags.   It made me feel a bit sad really.  bear_sad    I was amazed though how much thought goes into the planning of the display, lighting and stuff.   I would love to see everyone put up their stalls in the morning one day.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Please don't forget that I am looking for stories/photos of Hugglets for Teddy Bear Times. Unfortunately, I was not able to get around too much to talk to people and take pictures. Please email them to: tbteditor@btinternet.com

Hugs

Dawn

PS Peter - don't be sad at the bears being packed away. I will freely admit that I have never had a complete sell out at a show. On the other hand, I have never made a bear that did not find a new home (eventually) sometimes it just takes a bit longer. Molly was around for ages before she caught your eye - and look how that story turned out!!!!! 

XXX

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
peterbear wrote:

I was amazed though how much thought goes into the planning of the display, lighting and stuff.   I would love to see everyone put up their stalls in the morning one day.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Peter - I think you would love to see everything being set up - it never ceases to amaze me when I look at my stand with all the props and boxes and shelves etc., that it all came out of the back of a battered Fiat Punto!

It is always a serious race against time though - now that Hugglets is half an hour earlier, we barely have time for breakfast at the hotel before setting off!

bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hey Peter, I'm sure someone would love to have you as an assistant one day, then you can see everything behind the scenes  bear_laugh

Board footer