Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

44968_165361786810978_113394992007658_574792_5573343_n.jpg44206_165340746813082_113394992007658_574294_486316_n.jpg61854_101272429935377_100001578600363_7138_677154_n.jpg47860_100538326675454_100001578600363_2596_6066183_n.jpgWindows-Photo-Gallery-Wallpaper.jpgHe's been gone for a month, he's in Fort Jackson in S.Carolina. I have gotten letters, but when I saw this pic on my cell, I started to cry. I'm so proud of him. Here is the pic of my son Jonathon.

Here's a couple of pictures I found, boy do I miss him, I can't believe he's holding an M16 : /

He's the one in the middle looking right at the camara, and the other pic he's the one with the tan lol

I find myself staring at these pictures! lol

Louise

Pretty soon I'll be in SC to see my son, yesterday they had a Victory Concert for the Soldiers, pizza,soda,candy,lol  and 100 families were able to send a picture and a mesage to them, they got to take a picture of my message, I was so happy he got to see it! Here's a pic of him,his eyes came out alittle wierd,I tried fixing them lol
He's the one on the left! He called Saturday also, that was great! Also said he has an ear infection, bad blisters, and something to do with his knee, hope he passes PT.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

The separation must be tough, and he looks so young.

I'm sending some bear hugs your way.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Becky

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Of course you miss him. I have gone through what you are going through a couple of times. I have two in the military. I know how hard it is. Loving them and missing them is what we do.  We are 'Moms'.  I am sending a big hug to you!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Don't know what I can say to help you feel better but how about a Teddy Bear salute for your son?

salutebear.jpg

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Sending big hugs, always hard and we never stop worrying no matter how old they are,

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Susan x

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Louise,

Aaww, I do feel for you ......  I remember only too well what its like myself, so fully sympathise with how you're feeling right now.  Your son looks like a lovely young man.

Sending you a big hug, and Rosie sends you one too! :hug:

Hugs

Marilyn

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Massachusetts

Thank you so much everyone, he is going to be 21 on Dec 4th, he gets home in Dec. I can't wait to see him for graduation, (that's why I'm so busy making ellies, so I can go see him,lol)  I'm very proud of him.

Bear hugs to all of you also,

Louise

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

It must be so hard.  You should be proud of him.  Like someone else said, that's what moms are supposed to do.  My boys are 2 years old and 6 months and I'm sure it will be hard when they move away one day.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I'm sure you must miss him a lot. He strongly resembles you--a handsome young man! bear_cool

Bear hugs to you. :hug:  December will arrive before you know it!
Debora

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Louise: it is very hard to see your children grow up and leave the nest. When my parents drove me to Florida State University and left me, my mom said my dad cried all the way home. Cheer up; he looks to be a smart young man who is going on to make his own life. You did a good job raising him. And please thank him for serving our country and defending our freedom for me.

Massachusetts

Debora and Michelle, thank you so much, I do miss him dearly, he'll always be my baby. Michelle I will tell him thank you so much.

Bear Hugs,
Louise

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Louise I can feel with you in this moment so good, my son left home about 2 weeks ago and he will be back from Finland at the beginning of february - he is out for study and I'm so proud of him too. He is about 20 years old - but as most of you keep saying, they will be our babies for ever!!!!!

The more we let them go, the more they will be happy to come back some time. So keep on thinking at him, as I do it and hug him in your mind!!!!! Love to you from Austria

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

i bet you are sooo proud
have a hug from me too
cat xxx

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Hugs.  Tell him thankyou for me.  I can not imagine having my Jonathan leave me.  He is only two but two of my brothers are in the military and so was my father and grandfather.

Massachusetts

Thank you again everyone. I can't wait for Oct. graduation!!! :dance:

Bear Hugs, Louise

karas bears Kara's Bears
Indiana

My daughter (Kara) leaves for basic in one month. She will be at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. I am kind of numb about it. have been kind of walking around in a daze. She is 19 and I could not sway her decision. I guess I have to let her grow up and be all that she can be bear_original Louise,Do you know yet where your son will be going after basic

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Another Bear Salute for Kara!

salutebear.jpg

Thanks to both Kara and Jonathon for their service to their country!   bear_thumb

Massachusetts

To Karas Bears, He will be doing AIT there at Fort Jackson because he's doing Chaplain Assistant , then from there he'll be stationed in Framingham, Ma .
Yeah we have to let go, but I've been going on facebook, for Fort Jackson , it's called 3-13 BCT ,it has helped so much , they tell you what there doing everyday, and there's pics, I have found my son in 3 pictures so far, and to see him helps me alot, I'm more at ease. Check to see if where she's going theres a facebook page, it does help alot, you get to talk to other families that also feel the same as we do.

I'm so proud of our children and all the other Soldiers out there, men and woman!

Bear Hugs,
Louise

Massachusetts

There is a facebook Page for Fort Leonard wood, check it will be so helpful.

God Bless

Louise

karas bears Kara's Bears
Indiana

Thanks so much Louise, I have checked out the facebook page and have got some good info already. She hasn't even left yet, but I am so dreading it. I am sure this will help, to know more of what is going on.Thanks again,  Hugs,  Joy

Massachusetts

@ Joy, When does your daughter leave for BCT?

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww. Be strong. It is hard to see our children grow up and leave the nest. Still it isn't easy.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer