Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen

Is there a thread with trade or sell bear stuff ?

I have some very tiny glass eyes I don't use and would like to trade them for another size,
but I could not find a thread ?

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

What size are they and what size do you need? I could be interested.

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen
Clarebear wrote:

What size are they and what size do you need? I could be interested.

They are 2 mm and black, I can use all size from 4 mm and up - I can't see to make the tiny bear anymore.

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

Me, too! I have some 1mm-3mm glass eyes (with pupils, if you can believe it!) and also so huge glass eyes (18-20mm) that I probably won't ever use... if anyone would like to trade for them that would be great.

Such a good idea!

What about a bear swap? bear_original

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Perhaps we could set up a swap category.  Not just for bear bits but maybe some people would like to do a bear swap on a small basis or mohair, patterns, tools, countries (HA HA)etc.

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

I think it is a great idea....a swap!  I remember doing that over five years ago when I was very active in bear making.  Everyone that wanted to participate joined a list and we were paired with one other person.  Each of us filled a little box or package of goodies that we did not want or think we would use and sent it to our partner who did the same. There were books, mohair, findings, etc.  It was so much fun. It was a way to clear out a little of the old and receive some new 'bear stuff".  Having a catagory that we could list what we had and someone else could chose and  reciprocate would prbably work well also. 

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

I double-checked, and sure enough, even my 1mm eyes on wire are brown glass with teeny tiny black pupils!  I know I will never make a mini bear small enough for eyes under 3mm bear_original  And I won't make a bear that needs 23mm glass eyes, either. I will make a list and photograph what I've got for tradeseez and put it up here.

If you can do the same, I can make a summary for everyone, if you like to make it easy to choose.

Do you remember the XXX or ??? mystery packages when you were little at fetes, parties or fairs? Could be so exciting for a bear exchange!   If we said "primitive little bear up to 5" or something to have an idea of what to make or receive. bear_original Just here and there... to keep a swap bear (or bunny or...) small will keep the exchange personal and fun and perhaps economical in these difficult times! bear_original We could state our basic likes and dislikes (i.e., any colour but purple, etc.) and maybe someone's kitten or puppy could choose who makes something for whom!

Cheers and bests

back to sewing

Brenda
woo bears!

Board footer