Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen

Hi.

I know that times is hard now; but are the sale of teddy bears very much down rigth now or what ?

I have had a long break from bears, so I don't really know how it is ???

I'm on Bearpile for a month, that is all I know about, and many tells is the worst month for some time,
are there other places with better sales ?

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Yes, I am sure that sales will be down but don't give up hope just yet.  The world is getting ready for Christmas.

While I am sure that sales won't be as strong as we all wish, I am betting it will get better for the holiday.
At least, I am crossing my fingers...   bear_whistle

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

All sales are down...bears and all other things...especially those that are not necessary!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I know that here in the US the news is all doom and gloom on the economy.  I think many people are hanging on tho their money.  But the good news is it will one day get better!

Joanne

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen

Hi girls.

thansk for the answers, maybe customers is hiding the money under the bed   :crackup:

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
lovenshire wrote:

All sales are down...bears and all other things...especially those that are not necessary!

Bears are not necessary ???  bear_wacko   In my book they are !  bear_grin

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
peterbear wrote:
lovenshire wrote:

Bears are not necessary ???  bear_wacko   In my book they are !  :lol:

Oh how wonderful it would be if the world was full of Peters! Or, if our Peter won the Euromillions lottery!  Just imagine our Peter in a castle with unlimited space and unlimited funds. No bear maker would ever have to worry about sales again!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I have had a lot of artists contact me about sales being right down, and I have to admit that places like Bearpile seem very very slow just now.

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Yes, Bears are a necessity!   bear_cool

I get another Bear for my wife on EVERY holiday or important occasion.

There must be a Birthday Bear, a Christmas Bear, an anniversary Bear, a Thanksgiving Bear, a Valentine's Day Bear, a Halloween Bear, a Sweetest Day Bear and the list goes on.

The biggest Bears come on Christmas and birthday.  Sometimes, there are several Bears on Christmas.  The grandest Bear usually comes on our anniversary.  Other holiday occasion Bears are smaller but there is always at least one, even if it is just a small Bear.

This year, there will only be one Christmas Bear and one anniversary Bear because I am underemployed and the budget is tight but, even so, there will be ONE Bear, at minimum.

I do expect better times in the future but, for now, we will have to hold the line on the Bear population.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

I'm sure that things will change to better way!!! Also for me it is very hard in the last time, as I had no adoption for a very long time. But I'm sure, that everybody needs something to warm his heart and for many people bears are the right "heart-warmer" and therefore I believe bears-life will go on .... and better days will come soon .....

A teddy-bear will be your friend for ever!!!! Remember this!!!
bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

I think it is everywhere the same ............ people try to save there money, everything is getting more expensive, but never give up, there are always bear - lovers arround the world who are looking forward to adopt one of our lovely bears!   bear_wub

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen

Hi girls.

I'm not giving up - just interested to hear what you think too   bear_original

I think it will be better, no one shoud live without having one or better many teddy bears, they are
so cute and gives lots of hugs to you   bear_wub

Nice to hear your thoughts    bear_thumb

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I think it is times like this when I make bears because I love it, really love it.  Now when sales are down is the time to fine tune and to try new things.  I don't have to be worried about how quick the next bear will be ready.  I am not solely paying the bills with this.  I have a part time job and a husband to help.  It must be tough for those of us that must depend solely on this.

Joanne

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I really think it is the economy but for me I am changing directions right now.  After 30 years of designing and making bears and never having to worry about sales, I will no longer be making bears.  At least for the present time.  From the last few shows I have done and my website sales and not hardly even having people look at the bears I am switching to just dolls.  The soft dolls that I design and make are really selling and in the last 3 months I have been buying and redoing vintage and other dolls, cleaning them up then redressing when necessary and selling.  This is where my sales are now coming from.

I can see that the bear market will turn around as it always cycles in and out but at my age, I can't wait for another cycle and if the people are asking for dolls then that is the way I am going. 

I love teddy bears and I love making them but when they sit on my shelves for months, it doesn't make any sense to me to keep making them.  I am too practical for that so I have changed.  We all have to go with the flow.

Board footer