Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

anacarol Malaga

bamboo_small.jpgThis is my first "micro" bear. he's 1,5" tall (just over 1" when sitting) It's been difficult making this tiny thing! turning limbs and threading those 1mm eyes was a nightmare but I guess  (hope) it'll be easier next time.
I've used an easy to sew vintage fabric and I wonder how people can make a micro-bear out of mohair !

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You have put so much detail in this little one.  I would never guess she was so little.  My hats off to you!
Joanne

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Oh!  So adorable!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub You've done a great job on such a tiny, tiny little one... I know how hard it is to make them!   bear_thumb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh my!  The smallest I've gone is 4", which isn't really that small, well done!

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

What a cutie! I too wonder how folks can make teddies so small much less out of mohair.  Wonderful job  :clap:
Diana

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Amazing job! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Cheryl

avateddy Posts: 1,361

micro sweety  bear_original  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

What a cute bear!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  As for making them out of mohair, you may look at Sasy's for mini bear fabric in mohair....

http://www.sassybearsandfabrics.com/

anacarol Malaga

Thank you all for your kind words.
I know Sassy fabrics very well :-)
She has wonderful synthetics but have not tried her mohair furs yet (i'll check on her website right now)
And yes, foot pads are difficult, but I managed to sculpt toes on a 1,5" bunny! It was fun needle sculpting those tiny little toes
:-)

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

What a sweet little bear Ana, i love sassy fabrics to just so expensive importing direct here in Portugal.
keep up the good work.

hugs Susan

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Very nicely done for such a small size :-)  WTG !!

/miniteddyhugs,

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Oh well done!  You really have done a fantastic job, very cute  bear_wub   The smallest I've made is 1 inch, I wouldn't recommend it  :crackup:

brendaH Posts: 2

love your bear.  small is beautiful

X

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Oh what a cute tiny bear!  I'm working on my first micro bear as we speak bear_original but have never tried anything under 4" with mohair...I would love to find some "micro" mohair

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

What a great micro bear, especially for your first one.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb It's easy to become hooked on making minis - I know I am!

It is possible to make minis from mohair,  and the Sassy mohair is very good for this, though you can use the regular fabrics too but use Fraycheck.  The smallest I tend to go with a mohair bear is around 3" tall, but it does depend on your pattern and the size of the limbs etc.  If they are too narrow they can be difficult to turn even with forceps.  In the past I've managed to tear some of my pieces when turning them, which is very frustrating especially when you have managed to turn one limb already!

Good luck with your next micro mini  bear_thumb  bear_original

Hugs,

audley Posts: 16

Help!! Does anyone have a website where I can buy or download knitting directions for clothes for miniature bears?

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

So adorable  bear_wub  bear_wub and so tiny..  Love him

I have caught "the bug" also...working on minis now, becoming acquainted with Sassy fabrics and have tried various ones.  The smallest I can go is 2.75" and I feel all thumbs  :crackup:

Kind Regards
Lee Ann

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

cest beau!!!! bravo :hug:  :clap:

nonesuchgarden Nonesuch Garden
Website

I can't believe he is only 1.5 inches tall!!  You did a great job!

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

so cute  bear_wub

Board footer