Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Hello everybody  bear_flower
Could I ask you - whoever has time and could fancy it - to do my a favour.
My website does not have a special site in german and another in english. I tried to do it on each page in both languages ( apart from Krusibears Story and some descriptions from bear clothes ).
Do you think I should have more english text or is it good to understand for everybody?

This would be a great help for me!

1554284us0vacbiwd.gif

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Claudia,

I don't speak German, but your bilingual website is easy for me to understand. You did well, I think.

Becky

Us Bears Pennsylvania

It seems navigable enough.  What German I can't interpret I can always use www.translate.google.combear_original

Heinsberg

thank-you-desi-glitters-4.gif

It's a big help to get comments about this.  bear_flower So I always will knnow where I could do it better  bear_original

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I don't speak German, really.  I only know a little bit of Spanish.

However, in my job as a cinema projectionist, I have to watch a lot of foreign (non-English) movies with subtitles.  Over the years I have learned to interpret a lot of languages, even if I don't speak or read them well.

I can interpret Spanish because it's most familiar to me.  I studied it in school but never used it in real life.
Italian is similar to Spanish so that's the second easiest language for me to interpret.  French and German are the next easiest languages for me to interpret.  I think I like German better.  It is a much "cleaner" sounding language and the grammar is more consistent.  (I think so.)

Russian is very hard for me to interpret but I like the challenge.  To hear Russian being spoken is interesting to me.  (I have Russian ancestors but I never grew up in the culture.)

The all-time "worst" language is Arabic!  I have nothing against Middle Easterners, themselves, but I'm sorry to say the language still sounds like gibberish to me, even after 15 years of watching foreign movies.

MOST of the time, I can interpret what is said on a foreign language website well enough to get around.

Yours is definitely "above average" because you have placed enough "clues" in English for non-natives to navigate the site.

However, if I come to a foreign language site that I can't interpret well enough on my own I just fall back on Google-Translate.

Between my ability to interpret languages and www.translate.google.com I can get around just fine!  bear_thumb

Heinsberg

Thanks again Randy & Melanie  bear_flower  :hug:

Valentina Milan, Italy

Hi Claudia
I'm the foreign replier here. I'm Italian and I do not speak German; English is my second language. After this introduction I have to say that your web site is easly navigable and I could understand everything. It would be nice to read also something in "about me" page :)
I hope it helps

Heinsberg
Valentina wrote:

Hi Claudia
I'm the foreign replier here. I'm Italian and I do not speak German; English is my second language. After this introduction I have to say that your web site is easly navigable and I could understand everything. It would be nice to read also something in "about me" page :)
I hope it helps

Thank you so mujch Valentina  bear_flower  :hug:
It is good to hear that I did not a too bad job  bear_grin
The "about me" page is coming in english with the next update, what I will do immediately after the Fair at the weekend.

Tanti cari saluti di Claudia  bear_flower

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Claudia,

In your picture gallery, you have pictures of two little Bears with tipped over coffee cups and coffee beans scattered around.

How do you ever keep your Bears quiet when they've gotten themselves all "jazzed up" on caffeine?  We have to be careful not to let our Bears have more than a small sip of coffee at a time.  If we didn't, there'd be 1,000 little Bears running all over the house, making us crazy because they've had too much coffee!

bear_grin  bear_grin   bear_whistle

Heinsberg

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Well, most of them keep out of mischief, when they see the camera  bear_whistle But after the photoshooting it is very wild in the house too  bear_grin

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bear_grin  All my bears drink tea...no coffee allowed!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Claudia, bear_flower

It was lovely to see you back here again and to visit your website.
I found it easy to navigate and your bears are all so adorable.
If there is German I do not understand, it is easy enough to do a translation through Google.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Heinsberg

@ Lenora : Well, my bears like to drink coffee - because I do  :crackup:

@ Carolyn : Thank you so much. I'm glad we can still see us here :hug:  bear_flower  and I'm very happy to be back again here!  bear_flower

Board footer