Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Valentina Milan, Italy

Hello everybody!
I'm new here. I'm happy to have found this place where to share my love for teddies.
I'm a teddy bear collector.
I hope this is the right category where to post this.

I'll be in London at the end of the month, will you suggest me some bear shops? I collect artists bears, LE and ooak.

Thanks so much!

bear_grin

Valentina

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A big welcome to Teddy Talk, Valentina!  So glad you joined our bear family . . . we love to hear from collectors!  Looking forward to hearing about your hug.  You might want to post in the New Members category, also.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hi, welcome to the site  bear_original

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

There's Hamleys which has steiff and other manufactured bears plus artist bears.  It was a shock to see bears double the price I paid for one directly from the artist though!

Valentina Milan, Italy

Dear all

thanks for yor warm welcome! I'll post in New Member section too.
Gemma, thanks for the advice. I know prices would be higher. That's way I've never bought a bear from a shop, always from artists.  bear_tongue

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Valentina

I love your avatar.  It is absolutely charming.  I don't know of anywhere in London other than Hamleys, but if you get the chance to go outside London, the Bears of Witney  shop in Witney is a must see.  They have a website:

www.teddybears.co.uk/

Regards

Sue

Valentina Milan, Italy

Dear Sue
Thanks. I know Witney shop, I'm in contact with them. Unfortunately they are about 1 hour and 15 min far away from London. I'll be in the city just for a couple of days, for work and I don't think I'll have much time going around...  bear_sad
Anyway I have to visit Witney ones, it looks like the collectors dream shop  bear_shocked

Best

V.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Valentina, bear_flower

Welcome to Teddy talk ~ your Avatar bear photo is so sweet.

Hope that you enjoy it here.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Valentina wrote:

Dear Sue
Thanks. I know Witney shop, I'm in contact with them. Unfortunately they are about 1 hour and 15 min far away from London. I'll be in the city just for a couple of days, for work and I don't think I'll have much time going around...  :(
Anyway I have to visit Witney ones, it looks like the collectors dream shop  :o

Aww -- you can't not to go Witney -- it's teddy bear heaven!  It's such a wonderful place!  I try and go at least once a year, and the highlight for me (other than Aloysius, and Alfonzo of course) is the fact that the museum in the shop has a black memorial Steiff teddy bear for the Titanic.  I've loved that teddy since I first saw him, and wish I could hold him.  But he's very old, and prefers to sit behind the glass.  In the dark.   :)

It's a great place -- very famous, and has to be worth a visit.

But since you likely can't leave the confines of London, I can help you a bit.  Hamleys has already been mentioned (ugh -- not the same anymore).  There used to be a teddy bear shop near Mayfield, but sure if it is there now, and there's a few teddy bear artists stools in Covent Garden market usually.  Well-worth a look there.  :)

-- Thomas

Valentina Milan, Italy

Hi Thomas, thanks for your info!
I'll go to Covent Garden for sure, as I'll stay in Piccadilly.

I know I can't miss to go to Witney's! I saw some pics and it's so cool! I'm trying to have a tight schedule for those days, so maybe I could have some time to go out of London.
I travel a lot, so maybe it'll be for the next time.

:hug:

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Ti auguro buon divertimento a Londra e tanti tanti tanti nuovi orsetti per venire a casa con te!!!!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer