Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Ok so I'm looking for a 5lb box of fiber fill, i go though bags way to fast.  The only stuff I can find around here is polyfil which I don't really like.  I love Morning Glory fiber fill but can no longer get it around here bear_sad anyone know any good website that sale it by the box or maybe another brand I can try?  I've looked online but no luck

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I get mine from Wal-Mart.  Our local Hancock Fabric has it also.  Wal-Mart is less expensive.
Donna

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

CR Crafts online has wonderful stuffing

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

We buy ours when we are in the US at Walmart as well,  we can get a 5lb box for around $8.00. I think it's the morning glory brand as well.  For some reason our Wal-Marts in Canada don't sell it . 

Good luck.  I know some people were ordering it online from a company but I can't remember where that was.

hugs

Shane

TX

yeah well the trouble is I was getting it from Wal-mart but sadly they stopped caring it & fabric as well (all 3 of the Wal-marts in town!).  The hancock fabrics here only sales polyfil bear_sad so no where to get morning glory.

Waterloo, Ontario

You can try CR crafts, they sell it in larger amounts, in economy and premium I believe.    Have you tried a Hobby Lobby or some place like that.

TX
thebearguys wrote:

You can try CR crafts, they sell it in larger amounts, in economy and premium I believe.    Have you tried a Hobby Lobby or some place like that.

thanks I'll try CR crafts I have their catalog somewhere too.  Yeah the Hobby Lobby here only sales polyfil & just bags no boxes bear_sad

TX

just looked at CR crafts site bear_sad sadly only 12oz bags 10lb or 25lb boxes.  I really only need the 5lb box at a time & can't really afford the other.  I would really love to find the morning glory fiber fill because I've been so happy with it.  Anyone know any sites that sale it?  I keep looking but have had no luck, I even looked at Wal-Mart.com but maybe I'm missing it

Waterloo, Ontario

I just had a look at my box of stuffing,  it is made by Carpenter Co in Taylor Texas. Their website is www.carpenter.com  perhaps if you contact them they can tell you who else may carry their stuffing. Perhaps you can buy directly from them , just a thought anyway.  Hope this information helps,  it appears they have places in 33 different states , plus in Europe. 

hugs 

Shane

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Did you try Walmart on line?
For me I usually can find it on line when they stop carrying it in the store.
And you can have it shipped to the store for no charge or to your home. However to your home there is a charge. But if you really want it, it might be worth the small charge.
Hope this helps. bear_original

TX
Bubble-Up Bears wrote:

Did you try Walmart on line?
For me I usually can find it on line when they stop carrying it in the store.
And you can have it shipped to the store for no charge or to your home. However to your home there is a charge. But if you really want it, it might be worth the small charge.
Hope this helps. :)

yupe tried wal-mart.com no luck bear_sad

TX

Thanks everyone for all your help.  I drove around to all the Wal-Marts in town again & found 1 about 30 mins away that still had it.  They said they are getting rid of the fabric there too but it will be about 3 more months before it goes.  The girl in the fabric area thought that they might still be able to order it for me if I held on to the upc/bar code so I'll try that bear_original

Waterloo, Ontario

Glad to hear that you were able to find more of it.  I buy it whenever we go into the US , usually we pick up three or four boxes whether we need it or not.  That we we always have some just in case we aren't able to make it over.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

Almost all of our local Wal-Mart stores have stopped stocking fabric BUT they have continued to stock several types of poly-fill including the Morning Glory 5 pound box in the new hobbies/crafts/kids crafts section.  So I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the one store you found it at continues to offer it. bear_original

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

This is weird what WalMart stores carry what.  My local WalMart stopped carrying fabric about 2 years ago but they carry the Morning Glory stuffing in the 5 lb boxes.  I, of course, like the PolyFil and they won't get it for me.  I have to travel 50 miles one way to another WalMart and they carry the 10 lb boxes of PolyFil and I ususally buy 2 boxes.  They also still carry fabric.

I am glad that you found the stuffing you like.

FrizzyBear New York

Hi, I was just at my Walmart today and they had the 5 lb. box of fiber fill there.  I wonder if maybe they were out of it and possibly missed it?  I really can't find anything (barely  bear_wacko ) since they reset the store.  Rather annoying really.    bear_tongue

charbears Charbears
Website

I heard there was a place online to get Morning Glory, so I browsed around and found it on Amazon.com, of all places.  It is more expensive at $14.99 for five pounds, but if you place an order for over $25.00, your shipping is free.  For me, it is worth the extra cost.  And I go through stuffing like crazy.  I actually use a combination of Poly-fil and Morning Glory.  I use the Poly-fil in places where I want more loft, like the paws and the nose and mouth of the bear.  But the Morning Glory is the only thing I can use on my smaller bears.

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

You can buy Morning Glory Direct,  I received the following e-mail in regards to my inquiry, as follows:

call toll free 888-744-8277 for Morning Glory pricing and shipping.

This is how I plan to purchase the stuffing....this is what WAL MART USED TO CARRY.

Pat

Board footer