Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Fallenrose near Cologne

DSCN3586.JPGDSCN3575.JPGHey there,

I'd like to present Nils to you, my last bear made in 2010. I'm here at my boyfriend's and sudenly the bear-mojo overcame me - but I hadn't my materials here. What did I do? I took what I could get, wool, felt, pads of cotton wool (for the filling; don't know how they're called in English), buttons and then press-buttons for his eyes.
Although he certainly IS different from what I normally make, I do love him a lot, he certainly looks weird but in a cute way  bear_happy
I started Nils yesterday and just finished him an hour ago - btw thanks to my boyfriend who named him -, a cute 12,5cm high bundle of joy, complete with his scarf and a wee lil' tail (my first on a bear)!

Hope you like him and we wish you a happy new year!

Hugs, Ariane

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

he is lovely old made! look like old french bears!!!! happy new year for you too!  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Nils has a very charming, "homey" quality about him. I like his button eyes and cute tail.

Well-done - making use of the materials you had at hand!

Becky

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi Ladies, thanks a lot for your lovely comments, Nils surely appreciates them

hugs, Ariane

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

i love his face !

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I really like this bear.  The unusual fabrics and button really make him special.  The button eyes give him the cutest expression. 

Joanne

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks to you both.  :hug:
I must agree with you, Joanne, I quite liked to use this unusual fabric and now plan to make some kind of series... maybe only bears with unusual fabrics (as I have very much of these) which all look "traditional" - or I could make 2 bears out of the same pattern, the first one like Nils (with mohair/ "normal bear fabric" for the food and paw pads) and the second one reversed (like a "normal" bear... do you know what I mean? sounds kinda confused, I know  bear_rolleyes )

Hugs, Ariane

Board footer