Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

This message was posted to another Teddy Group that I belong to on yahoo. I don't know if anyone here knew her, but I thought it a good idea to pass it on just in case someone did.

I am writing now to post a death notice for a wonderful Canadian bear artist - Laura Pedosuk.  Her husband called me this afternoon to tell me of her passing.  It was a great shock.  She was a truly wonderful person.  If it wasn't for her I would not be making bears today.  She was a very well-known bear artist who has been featured in all the Teddy Bear Magazines.  Her husband asked if I would please inform any of the bear chat people that I knew so if there are any artists out there who also belong to other groups could they please pass the sad news on for him.  She was a great lady who will definitely be missed by many.

Thanks.
Mary Ellen Descent

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I just heard this news about five minutes ago.  Laura was just in the On line Bear show along with me acouple of weeks ago.  Shocking ,yes! bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

She was a beautiful person. I am sure she will be sadly missed. bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I hope she is in a peaceful place.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I am shocked! I didn't realize she was ill.  I never had the pleasure of meeting her.  Her style of bears were special. My heart goes out to her family.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Cold Lake is about 7 hr drive from me. I use to live there about 20 years ago. We still have friends that live there. 

Lynn

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

OMG...I've purchased a bunch of mini materials from her...in fact right before Thanksgiving I purchased some fabrics from her that I haven't received.  She sent me a lovely email that since I'd been such a great customer she was including some additional samples.

My heart and prayers go out to her and her family and friends...

Shantell

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I just saw her photo and bears at the online show last week....

I am so sorry ....
My heart  and prayer are with the family and her friends.

Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh... I just read that too... I am so very sorry to hear that

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How sad for her family. I only knew this lady's work though pictures and I must say she was a really true artist.
Commiserations to her family and friends.

Jane

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

How awful :(. I have never had any contact with her but do know her bears and fabrics (on eBay) - her absence will be a huge loss to the bear world.....

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry  What a sad day for the teddy bear world, and most especially for her family and friends  bear_cry

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

What sad and shocking news. I didn't know Laura personally but I loved her cute little bears and I will miss seeing them on ebay. My condolences go out to her family, there is no good time of the year to lose a family member but this is the saddest time of all. The bear world has lost a wonderfully creative and original artist.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my. That is just the sadest news! Does any one know if she was as young as her endering picture! She looked to be about 30 years old! Gosh my heart is heavy and our prayers go out to the family.

Many Hugs Louise

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK

this is terrible , I admired her and her work for some time ...such a shock

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

So sad to hear this.  My heart and prayers go out to her friends and family.

Bonnie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Oh that is so sad, I have admired some of Laura's work on her ebay sales, that is so sad, my condolences and prayers go to her family and friends.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  What a terrible shock.

I only knew Laura through pictures of her wonderful bears, and from the NCTB auction site. So young and talented, alas. Prayers and hugs for her friends and family.

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This is so very sad  bear_sad   Her bears are wonderful and, even though I havent dealt with her personally, I emailed her one time from ebay on a question and she was very very sweet.  Her bears are beautiful.  How very sad to have news like this. 

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

This is very sad  bear_cry   My heart goes out to her family and friends.  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How very sad to hear of the passing of Laura.
My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer