Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

steifmm Posts: 18

I know this sounds stupid, but I was just wondering, for those of you who display their bear outside without cover, what's the best way to keep them free from dust and clean?
I don't want to put them in their boxes and also not inside covered cupboard, and I don't have glass display case, so that means if I want to see them I have to just let them hang around somewhere in the room. But then dust will get to them... Any tips?

nealabear Teddy's Treasure Chest
Toronto

This works with real fur bears so I don't see why it wouldn't work with mohair and alpacca.  Take a plastic bag and put rice in it.  Put in the bear and give it a shake.  The rice shakes loose the dust and cleans the bear and doesn't damage the bear.  If your bear has glass eyes just cover them with a bit of quilt bat and tape or make a small mask to cover them to protect them.  I really don't think the rice would scratch glass eyes but it can't hurt to cover them to be sure.  Just like giving the bear a dry bath.  Hope this helps

Neala

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I do not keep mine covered.  I use a barely damp cloth to gently wipe them down occasionally.

Joanne

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

Im bad..i just let them get dusty..lol..i occasionally give them a wipe with a cloth..but yeah..my bears are dusty

Kerrilyn

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

Mine get dusty because they are not covered, but occasionally they get a brush up with a babies hair brush and a cuddle.

The baby hair brush is gentle and they all look smarter for being groomed.

cheers,
G

Jo W Posts: 22
Website

I have found that the best brushes to get the dust out well are old pure-bristle clothes brushes-i have picked them up very cheaply at trash and treasure markets! They have very soft but dense bristles and do a great job! bear_original

Board footer