Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Hey everyone!

The health is improving, slowly but surely, yay!  bear_grin  I had a fantastic idea for a bear whilst at the Dr.'s today, but I've yet to see the mohair I need to make it. I'm looking for a white, off-white, or even ivory mohair with gold thread shot through it. I'd prefer a sparse mohair, or even semi-sparse...I'm keener on those than I am the thick mohairs, but I'll take what I can find  bear_tongue . If anyone has any, I'd be willing to buy some of it off you. Or, if anyone knows of a website selling it, please point me in the right direction  bear_thumb   Thanks much!

Shannon  bear_happy

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

LouBear Sparkle has metallic thread running through it in gold or silver; That's the only one I know of like what you are describing -

http://www.loubear.com/?Task=Category&C … xt=SPARKLE

Good luck! xxx

Ottawa, Ontario

Thanks julia, that looks close to what I'm looking for!  bear_grin

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi Shannon,

I don't have a white fur like you described in my fabric collection but if you are interested I can get you a sparse pale pink mohair with gold thread and/or the same mohair in pale blue with silver thread. Bought this ages ago on a bear show. Cannot remember if they also had it in white/offwhite. My neighbours' 10-year old daughter just finished her first bear made of the pink one and she is soooo proud, well can you imagine. Will post a pic of this bear later.
Anyway, if it's not a full yard you are needing maybe I can be of help? Just let me know (or not  bear_ermm if you insist on the white).

Hugs,
Marianne

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Edinburgh Imports has a golden tan with a gold thread through it.  It is KM16G if you look at the fabric on their website.  It is sparse and matted. 
Donna

Ottawa, Ontario

Marianne, thank you very much! I could do both, if you're ok with that. I don't need a full yard, heck, I think I could even make do with 1/8th of a yard, as I'm fairly adept at puzzling all the pieces together for a tight fit, lol. Do you want me to pay you for it? Let me know  bear_grin

Donna, I had a look and may order some of that when the budget allows, it's a bit pricey for me  bear_tongue  Thanks for looking it up for me, I appreciate it!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shannon, I have some of the KM16G in tan with gold that I'd be willing to sell you at a VERY good price. I have quite a bit i just want to get rid of. If you want some PM me!

Board footer