Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Zagzagael Posts: 43

bear_ermm  Okay....this is going to be embarrassing, I'm sure, but here goes. I'm working on the Goldie and it's a great size and great fun! However....I'm confused about one thing and I've got the head pieces cut out for two heads so that I can do the right thing. The "Goldie" gusset seems to be calling for the direction of the fur opposite to what would seem obvious. Unless I'm looking at the gusset backwards? There are no indicating letters on the gusset as to which piece goes towards the muzzle. I've sewn it up with the bulbous end being in the muzzle and the squared end being at the neck....but I'm not sure that is correct.

HELP!!

TIA.  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You've got the nose in the right place (round end toward the front), and you're right--the arrow indicates a pile direction that's opposite most patterns. It's a feature of Sue Ann's bears, but if you want a more classic look, just turn that arrow the other way.  bear_original

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Zag.  Becky is absolutely correct.  I always give my bears bangs (fringe) . . . it's just a quirk I have in my designs.  But you did sew the gusset in correctly according to the pattern.  I look forward to seeing your interpretation of Goldie.

Zagzagael Posts: 43

Thank you both so much! Very nearly done now - pictures soon.

SueAnn ~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! Do you have any tips or tutorials on how you set those fabulous ears?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thank you so much for the nice comments - I do appreciate them.  Ear illustration is in the thread with your cute Goldie photo.

Board footer