Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LoveBun4Blog.jpgMy love affair with pincushions continues.  This is my first ever miniature rabbit and I think he's a charmer and hope you do, too.  I made his little heart out of Paperclay.  He's available now in my Etsy shop; there's a link under my avatar.

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website
New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I've been loving pin cushions for a while now and have yet to make one. I love this guy of yours!  bear_wub So sweet, and great color combo.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thank you both!  Valentine's Day does lend itself to a pretty & feminine color palette, doesn't it?  I had the perfect creamy little glass stand to suit that whole red/pink/white V-Day thing, which was lucky for me.  D, you should try a pincushion some time.  They're really satisfying -- I'm loving learning embroidery to decorate the little cushions -- and take about half as long as a bear, or less.  Which isn't 10 minutes or anything, but does produce a slightly quicker turnaround; that's satisfying in itself sometimes.

I really appreciate the supportive words, gals.  Thanks again. bear_original

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Thanks for the encouragement to try a pin cushion, Shel. I just need to solidify my ideas and get working! bear_thumb And I do love learning embroidery stitches, too.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

So cute, he looks just like the White Rabit from Alice In Wonderland

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Darling Shelli!

csickler Demonstrative Bears and Friends
Beautiful Douglas County

Lovely  :clap: :clap:  Been toying with the pincushion idea myself... mostly because I now seem to be working with a lot of pins... just started playing with sewn bears :redface:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

They're really fun, these pincushions!  I surprised myself with how much I like making them and try to fit one in between every 2-4 bears.  This one will be shipping to a supremely lovely collector in the northeast US later today! bear_original

Board footer