Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jolene's Bear Cubs Posts: 51

done-gc2.jpgMy first mohair teddy bear~Grahm Cracker
This is Grahm Cracker, he is my first homemade teddy bear. He is 18 inches long, made of alpaca fur,
needle felted muzzle, nose and paw pads. Weighted and floppy. I had so much fun making him and
cannot wait to try another. This was also my first time needle felting, I hope I did it right (wink)
He has many hidden mistakes but I hope to get better with each one I make. Thank you Lord for
helping me make my first tedyy bear! I am giving Him all the credit because when I first started him,
I didnt want to finish him...lol)

I started with a pattern for the body but ended up changing it and his face was all trial and error,
I had no idea what it would like like until he was "born" so would this guy be considered an original with altering a simple pattern for the body?

Introducing Grahm Cracker...
donegc7.jpg
donegcr10.jpg
donegcr11.jpg

Thanks fro looking!  I am so excited that I went and bought some more mohair and cannot wait to make another!

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

bravo!! absolutely divine bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Wow, what a well done first bear, he's amazing!  bear_thumb  I find teddy bears are like potato chips, can't have or make just one  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

What a beautiful bear - fantastic needlefelted detail  :clap:  How brave you are to use alpaca on your first bear - I've made about 20 bears now and I have only got so far as stroking the peices of alpaca I have  bear_grin .  Unfortunately you can only call it an original if all the pattern was drafted from scratch.  But he is orginally your first bear and you should be very proud.  bear_thumb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats on your first bear.  And yep, as Shannon says, once you pop, you can't stop!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Wow! He's beautiful, Jolene! bear_wub  Such a great expression on his face. God blessed you with talent...and perseverance.  bear_smile

Can't wait to see your next bear!
~Debora

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

He is wonderful, can't wait to see your next one.... bear_wub  bear_wub

Thanks everyone!  I admire everyone here, so much talent!

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

That's your first  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Crikey!!! Where did I go wrong.
That is absolutely incredible. So many skills and so so so so much detail. Seriously congratulations. Shall be watching out for you. What a beautiful bear.

Richard
x

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

NOW that's a face! He's a real character and He is wonderful! Congratulations!
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bear_happy  Oh, I don't like you...I'm jealous. Your first bear is beautiful.  Mine aren't that good and I have been making them for a little while.  You are one talented lady...

Zagzagael Posts: 43

Wonderful!!! What a fantastic face - I like the needle-felted nose!  bear_thumb

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Great job!  Like everyone else, I'm amazed at how your first turned out. Keep it up  :clap:
Diana

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Everything about this bear is so good.  The felting is tight and even.  The muzzle is beautifully shaped.  His face is so expressive.  If this is your first bear I can only imagine how wonderful your future bears will be.  Very well done.

Joanne

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

:clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  Wowza!  Can't believe that he's your first bear!  He's amazing.  You've obviously a talent for bear making.  Let see another then....  bear_happy  bear_happy

Hugs,

annalong MadebyAnna

WOW .. AMAZING. Love him. He has such character.  You can see you put your heart into him . He is just beautiful. I too , look forward to seeing your next creations. Getting working  bear_grin

thank you!!!!  I made 8 cloth dolls last year, that gave me confidence for trying a bear.  I am hoping to start another this week.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, he is wonderful, Jolene!  Nobody could tell this is your first bear.  bear_thumb

Jolene's Bear Cubs wrote:

He has many hidden mistakes but I hope to get better with each one I make.!

I can't see any mistakes (but maybe that's why they are hidden  bear_laugh ), but the overall bear certainly looks splendid and I can't wait to see your next "try".
Well done.  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

susana fung hong kong

Jolene, you got lots of talent :clap: , the way you handle material, design detail, proportion, shading, felting, adopting skills and even taking photos. he's lively. i also start by making rag dolls for years, but my pace is completely different  :doh:
hugs, susana

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

what an impressive work !
you realy can be proud of yourself

i tryed a few times now, but no way to get a muzzle like the one you did.

i am also realy waiting what your next bear looks like.

i think you got there a huge talent, and your bears will soon be all well known bear_original

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

What a wonderfu lfirst effort!!  Welcome to the world of beary obsession!

Hugs

Sue

thanks!   Am overwhelmed with all your kindness!

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

He's WONDERFUL!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Well done!!!

Board footer