Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What is modge podge and how do you use it on a bear??????

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Mod Podge is a clear glue/glaze used for decoupage and the like.  I guess you'd use it on noses?

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use it on needle felted noses to seal them before I sand and wax them.  I also use it on the felting around the eye area to firm it up.  I use mat finish.  I never use it full strength.  I use it on felt, so I wet the felt first, then I run a paint brush under water and use the wet brush to dilute the mod podge. It soaks into the felt and makes it firm, but not real crispy or hard, just nice.

pros; it makes an almost plastic like coating that is good for sanding.
cons; I have used it on fabric and it will stay tacky.  Things will stick to it.  I would never use it as a final finish.  I always sand and paint.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I made the mistake of using it straight from the container on bear noses (fabric bears) years ago, over thread-sewn noses. I carefully painted it on, layer-by-layer, to a nice fat little button of a shaped-nostril nose, letting it dry a day or so between coats. It was crystal clear and looked great on little 2" - 3" minis.
HOWEVER! -  2 teds in particular, happened to be sitting in my open basement workroom awaiting the next show, and we're rather humid during the summer.....
The noses had 'sheened over' and turned mostly milky-looking inside the depth of the glossy build-up. I'm very happy that these 2 were waiting for a show rather than going right to customers, so I could paint over the Mod Podge. This saved me much embarrassment!

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

And the best thing, Jane, when you get it on your hands you get hours of entertainment peeling the stuff off!!!!! Even better than craft glue!  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks everyone.
bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Linda your statement tells me the that YOU had great fun peeling of this wonderful stuff.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Thanks again, Jane.  bear_flower

Board footer