Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

susana fung hong kong

hello friend,
i usually put medium size glass bead over my bears' tummy for a nice hand feel of weight.
and want to try to put over their arms and legs too...
what do you think?
susana

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I have done that a few times, Susana, mainly when I make a saggy, floppy type bear.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Susana, 

Weighting the bears arms and legs can add to the lovely weighted feel and it is especially good if you are trying to obtain a real slouchy look.  Beads in the tips of the toes can also aid turning the feet outward to get the look of an old bear with splayed feet.  Weighted feet can also help a bear to stand if that is the look you are after.  Enjoy experimenting.   :dance:

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

I use to put glass beads into the feet only just to give my bears the possibility to stand alone without any help - it's also fine for sculpturing the feet

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I also like to use glass beads in the feet even for sitting bears. I love the extra weight it gives.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Susana, I cram as many glass pelletes into some bears as I can so that they have a good weight when held. Into arms , legs and body. Just make sure you have fibre over the joints.  bear_original

susana fung hong kong

thanks girls :clap: , i haven't think much on the visual possibilities instead of the physical sensation. next, i will try on the toes to see the result and still need to explore on balancing the heavy feet in order to make him stand well.
and Linda, you exactly point out my problem, the joint!

cheers,
susana

Board footer