Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Gully Posts: 35

Can anyone tell me about the two MERRYTHOUGHT ALPHA FARNELL BEARS on Ebay at the moment? One has a 1925 SOVEREIGN round its neck and the other one is called Winston. Are they priced about right and are they a good investment? Any advice on these two would be much appreciated.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Could you post links to the auctions?

Becky

Sorry Becky, I am not sure how you post a link but if you copy these headings into Ebay you will find them.

MERRYTHOUGHT ALPHA FARNELL BEAR WITH 1925 SOVEREIGN

MERRYTHOUGHT ALPHA FARNELL XAB26BG WINSTON BEAR

Very many thanks,

Gully

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Gully,

these are just reproduction bears, if I was looking to buying an Alpha and paying that much money I'd want the real thing, an original. Of course it's up to you, but I love the antique bears...I sold a few antique farnell bears from 1940, a while back for around $240AU...so to me these aren't good value, but that's just my opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADORABLE-OLD-ANTI … 20b7fd3feb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I would agree with Denise. I recently bought a 1940's Farnell for $150, and he's delightful. I'd be less likely to buy a replica. (On the other hand, if you've fallen in love with a bear, the price might be worth it. bear_original )

Becky

Thank you Denise and Becky for your advice, I am afraid I am rather new to the bear world so don't know very much about their value and which ones are reproductions etc.

I will take your advice on this one and spend my money a little more wisely elsewhere!  bear_original

Gully

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

The fun news is that you've definitely been bitten by the bear bug, Gully!  :dance:
When you do decide to add to your hug, be sure to show us a photo.  :photo:
(And if you'd like to read about the process another TT-er goes through before he adopts a new bear, check out: http://www.xteddy.org/teddies.html#toc3 )
(Thomas' site also features some of my bears, but honestly - that's not why I'm sending you there.)
(Hi, Thomas.)

Becky

Hi Becky,
Thanks so much for posting me the link, I will definitely take Thomas's advice when I buy my next bear! I do love your bears he has in his hug, they're gorgeous  :clap:

Board footer