Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Hi

Just to let you know that this fair has been taken over by Teddy Bear Times. The fair and awards will take place at Sandown Racecourse, Surrey on 12th November 2011.

More details soon.

Dawn

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Do bears have an affinity with race courses that I've missed?  bear_laugh   Thanks for letting us know anyway  bear_original

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
rowarrior wrote:

Do bears have an affinity with race courses that I've missed?  bear_laugh   Thanks for letting us know anyway  :)

Strangely, I exhibited at Doncaster Racecourse some years ago.

LOL - This one is a bit different, there is a huge conference complex at Sandown. Ashdown already run Bead Fairs there and apparently it is really luxurious.

http://www.sandown.co.uk/pages/sandown- … ion-video/

What excites me, is that it is only about ten miles from Heathrow Airport so there is lots of possibility for overseas artists and visitors.

Glasgow

10 miles you say?  Hmmmmm

Glasgow

Och, no, I've checked out their site now, you can fly your helicopter right on in there, who needs Heathrow?  bear_laugh

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Katy, sweetie, if you're going to the trouble of bringing your helicopter down for this event could I be awfully cheeky & ask that you could land on my private helipad & possibly pick me & Mark up en-route please? Just if it's not too much trouble? Dawn, I'm sure Katy wouldn't mind a minor de-tour to collect you too if she's coming your way? :crackup:  She's such a lovely girl.... bear_grin
xxx

Glasgow

Sure, I'll swing by for you...  bear_grin

susana fung hong kong

oh, sounds quite remote, any low cost traffic medium suggest?

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
susana fung wrote:

oh, sounds quite remote, any low cost traffic medium suggest?

Hi Susana

I would say that all transport is excellent - it's only 15 miles from London, fairly close to Heathrow airport, and not too far from Gatwick airport either.  bear_smile  bear_smile

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Katy wrote:

Och, no, I've checked out their site now, you can fly your helicopter right on in there, who needs Heathrow?

Weeee!  I'm rotating my blades right now Katy!!   .....     (it makes your eyes water though!.....  :crackup: )

It will make a change having a Saturday show too!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Karon Posts: 751

OMG - what a FANTASTIC venue - I WILL BE THERE.

Karon

Just to add ..............

I am so pleased - I think the show will be in really good hands.  Couldn't be better really.  Would it be possible to try and include some small workshops or demonstrations?

Oh boy ... spent the first 35 years of my life in Staines (near Sandown ... what a perfect excuse for a week-end away.  Reminising AND a Bear Fair ... :dance:  :dance:  :dance: .

Love you Dawn.

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
Karon wrote:

Just to add ..............

I am so pleased - I think the show will be in really good hands.  Couldn't be better really.  Would it be possible to try and include some small workshops or demonstrations?

Oh boy ... spent the first 35 years of my life in Staines (near Sandown ... what a perfect excuse for a week-end away.  Reminising AND a Bear Fair ... :dance:  :dance:  :dance: .

Love you Dawn.

LOL - thank you Karon, but I'm afraid I can't take any of the credit. It will be organised by Ashdown in Arundel, I have never been to the venue but it looks lovely on their website. There is a lot of good reasonable accommodation nearby, and the catchment area is amazing.

I will pass on your suggestions of workshops and demonstrations.

Dawn  bear_cool  bear_cool

Thanks Dawn,

I think the show will be GREAT there.

Also I feel the show HAS to be done by Bear enthusiasts - that was what was wrong when it changed hands before.

Board footer