Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
RIP Jason.................withHope still nursing....do you think there was not enough milk for all 3       bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just came from reading the update . . . such a heartbreaking turn of events in the Lily/Hope story.  I guess the autopsy will tell them something.  While watching all the happenings from the den cam, it seemed like Hope played with Jason so much that he might not have gotten to nurse as often as he should have.  Who knows?  It's just so sad.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

puca bears puca bears

Terribly sad.......but no use speculating, until the autopsy results. And we have only had limited experience of cub watching..............who knows if this happens  often? Nature isn't always kind. bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry Poor wee cubbie.........

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Devastating news.  I read about it a few minutes ago when I eagerly went to read the usual updates.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry 

I have been so worried about little Jason for some time.  I had to stop watching them a little while ago because I couldn't bear to see the way Hope was treating him like a toy and he went downhill immediately afterwards.  Poor little mite.

I have my own thoughts on why I think this has happened, but as you say Maria, wait until the autopsy has been done.

But thank you little Jason, for all the happiness you brought to so many lives during your very brief but beautiful little life. xx  RIP.

A very sad day, lots of tears being shed today.

We all need a hug today. :hug:

Marilyn x

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
Life is cruel, poor little man.

Hugs, Jane.

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

We are all very sad in our house today. bear_cry   I know it's the way of nature, but it's still so very sad. 

To answer your question, Tami.  I think there was enough milk for Jason even with Hope nursing--nursing is completely a supply and demand kind of thing.  I think I also read that he looked about the same weight as Faith, so he had to have had enough milk at some point.  But there may have been something wrong with him and his nursing may have decreased, hence the smaller swelling at "his" nipple.  I'm anxious to read about the autopsy.

It's going to be hard to motivate myself to do much of anything today.  So sad.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am sad too.  I had a feeling that this little guy just didn't seems to be making it.  The last video he was shaky,  not like Faith.  Nature knows best. I can accept this, it is as it should be.    I will be anxious to see what the autopsy reveals.

Joanne

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_cry  bear_cry  :pray: Sad day for us Cam watchers.  That little sweetie must have had a problem or something.  Time will tell.  Bless his little heart RIP JASON
Hugs Pat bear_flower

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, poor wee guy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Hope must be sad ; she loved so much playing with him.

I also look forward to learn why he died. Maybe he hate something he should'nt...

So very sad!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am anxious for the update tonight.  I see posted on Lily's FB page that the DNR has confiscated the body and are not allowing Doc and Sue anymore access to it.  He has really burnt his bridges I am afraid.  I bet we will never know what happened. 

Joanne

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I don't see any links but here are some that were posted on Ted & Lucky's chat list:

http://www.bearstudy.org/website/resear … dies-.html

Explains a lot - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3rTK2Ut4I

On that same first page, under Research, you can find Daily Links / Updates to see what's happened to the family since they've left the den.
It's interesting to read now the concern the team has expressed since the day they left, over Jason's size and strength....it was almost inevitable now as to this conclusion.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  so sad to hear this news.

Raewyn

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awwww such sad news!!!   bear_sad  bear_sad

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Yesterday, the DNR requested Jason's tissue samples as well (they took his body right after death but not the internal organs, which Dr Lynn had already removed for autopsy.)
Though privately frustrated, Lynn & Sue are hoping that cooperative compliance will bring about mutual benefits for both sides, now and into the future.
On the Daily Updates site, Lynn and crew gave the link to all of the videos they've posted on YouTube for the past 2+ years of Lily & her family. I had time to view only one and was lucky with the one I chose (listed below the main one below) because with all of the mentions of Lynn and crew adjusting the camera numerous occasions and putting on Lily's collar and readjusting it, I was curious to see actual human-bear interaction, i.e., do they have to 'dart' Lily first? wait until she's away from all of the family so she's not in a protective Mother-Bear mode? how skittish is she in having them touch her or her cubs?
It's the one time I've ever heard a sound from Lily - - -and it's actually a bit of a growl toward Hope while they're sharing the food offering Lynn tossed to them before working on the camera.
So if you ever feel in need of a 'Lily family fix', now you can bring up all of the episodes at any time!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bearstudy#g/u
Click - Load More - in the lower left corner to bring up all of the earlier videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/bearstudy#p … y6GEs7Hr4w

Board footer