Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

He's a manufactured bear, but I have to show him to you guys.  He's my baby.  Let me know if this works.

Lotte Rotten Posts: 108

Hello Wubbiebear- the picture isn't showing! Hope you can make it work, would love to see your darling bear  bear_original

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Blast it!!!  I can't post pics on this board.  I'll try to figure it out.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Okay, I hope this works.  This is the only other way I know to do this.

http://www.teddybearfair.com/forum/show … #post15235

Snookums Posts: 285

Aww, he's cute!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Lovely! You look so happy, and Arcto looks so understanding and sweet. (He has an adorable little nose.)
Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Wubbibear,

I have posted the photo of you and Arcto here (and I have made it a bit brighter- I hope you don't mind).

He is very sweet and cuddly.  Is he perhaps a Russ Berrie or a Gund bear?

Arcto.jpg

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

What a sweet wee guy

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Yay, you guys like Arcto!!!!!!  Peterbear, he is made by Passport Plush Toys, whatever that is.  I'd like to get him as my avatar, but I don't have a lot of luck with posting pictures, lol.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You have cute dimples, Wubbie . . . and Arcto is fantastic!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Thanks, and I don't know about my dimples, but Arcto is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Oh, thank you for putting him in the correct section.  Becky said he should be our spokesbear, lol.

There is a wonderful story behind this bear.  I've had three tragedies within about seven or eight months of each other, one being the death of my 20-year-old little sister in October of 2010.  I've always loved and collected teddy bears, but since she passed away I've drawn so much closer to them.  The bears are about the only thing that has helped me get through this. 

A few months later I was reading another board and I found out that I was an arctophile.  I'm a huge word geek, so the first thing I thought of was that I really wanted a bear named Arcto.  The next day, February 1, 2011, I was having a really bad day.  I was looking for my cell phone, but when I looked on the floor under my bed I found this fuzzy wuzzy little bear I didn't know I had.  I think someone gave him to me a while back, but I can't even remember where he came from.  He still had his tag on his ear, can you believe that?  I hugged him and said, "I think I'll call you Arcto", and then I took him to the piano and started playing.

From that moment it was complete and total love.  I had some more tragedies that I won't go into here, and Arcto has always been beside me or in my arms.  I've cried so many tears on him that I'm sure his fur on the top of his head is all faded.  I've had a lot of bears that I've loved, but I've never had the type of bond before with a bear that I have with Arcto.  I know I've probably got everybody turned into a big puddle of awww, and I probably better stop before I cry on Arcto again.  I kind of get emotional when I think about this bear.

Board footer