Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

IMG_4090.jpgIMG_4083.jpgIMG_4078.jpgHello hello,

I want to show you Rose, a very sad little bear, 5 inch, 5 jointed and from cashmere long pile.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

What do you mean by a sad bear?

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs
wubbiebear wrote:

What do you mean by a sad bear?

Hi Wubbie
I do not know the artist who made this bear but I will try and describe how I see her.  It is a 5 inch bear, beautifully proportioned, and has a look that says 'I have no one to look after me, please take me home'  The eyes are wonderfully expressive, they look to be handpainted with a white highlight behind them which makes them look bigger and more expressive.  If the bear was real the eyes would be full of tears that hadn't quite made it down the cheeks yet.  The nose is stitched in variegated thread, all different shades of rose.  The bear itself is white and has been highlighted around the paws and ears with a very delicate rose pink the highlights around the eyes and snout are a soft black which lends itself to the soulful look rather than making her appear hard.  When standing she just has a look on her face that would make a heart melt and she seems to look up at you rather than straight on.  The whiteness of the fur makes her seem a little almost alone but that is instantly negated by the blushing in her face and paws.  She has also been accessorised with beading.
Wubbie, I have enjoyed doing this for you and I hope it helps describe this 'sad' bear.  although this is only what I see and don't know what the artist intended.

Jodie Ruhrgebiet

Dear clarebear,

your explanation is so wunderfull. Thank you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I can't say it better. You speak to me from the heart.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

But the eyes aren't handpainted  bear_cry , I bought them here: http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid= … Categories  bear_whistle

Board footer