Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Theophile3.jpgTheophile2.jpgTheophile1.jpgLook at this funny bronze bear with his sparkling hat!
His name is Théophile. He is a heart guru! When you look at him, you fall in love for him, cos he hypnotizes everyone!!!  bear_tongue Mind yourselves!

He is made of bronze sparse mohair. He has apricot ultra suede paw pads with matching cotton nose, mouth and eyebrows. He has yellow plastic eyes. He has bead claws. He has a bell in each ear. He wears a lovely green jacket in felt dobbled with pale yellow satin, and embroided (a bid colourful sun and stars in the back). He has got two bead necklaces and 3 bead bracelets on each arm.

He has got a stunning hat: French knitted white wool (with 35 % mohair) tube sewn in spiral; I then crocheted a chain of some fancy greenish wool I stiched in spiral along the hat. Then I had fun attaching lots of colourful beads randomly.

I finally stiched a foot tag in linnen on his right foot pad with my initials cross-stichedin gol and green cotton threads.

Have a look!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

It looks like a christmas tree, according to my sweetheart Malko!  bear_rolleyes

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

he looks magical,  :clap:  can he grant wishes and what do his beeds spell I cant quite read it ?
Oh and can you tell me how to say teddy bear in french, is it teddy our? :doh:
now you didnt expect to give french lessons on here did you?  :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a cutie; his eyebrows are so cool.  Knitted?  The costuming is lovely.  bear_happy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Estelle, the beeds on his necklace spell his name: Théophile. Bear in French is "ours" (always a "s" at the end).
For teddy bear, we usually say "ours en peluche". "Peluche" means fluffy... Here was the French lesson of the day. So now, lets talk about my fees... hummm, $10 per word, so $10 + $10 + $50 taxes for internationnal translation + $1.50 taxes on the taxes= a lot bear_wacko I'll be rich!!!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: . But I won't make my dear friends pay for that!!!!

Shelli: I crochetted some chains for the mouth and eyebrows.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Sophie, what a job you did!!!  g040.gif

His hat looks so complex....how wonderful his costuming is.....does he tell fortunes, read palms, or just make everyone who sees him happy?

Congratulations.  It is obvious you spent a great deal of time and effort on this little guy, and the effort was worth it...you did a great job!

g030.gif

I am so impressed with your efforts....And he has such a happy expression too....

:hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Sophie he is absolutely beautiful!!

Many Hugs Louise

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Great bear !  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Sophie, what a delightful creation!!  All of that must have taken tons of time and you did an outstanding job on everything . . . bear, hat, and vest!!  Bravo!

Board footer