Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

CalfernaGilbert22.jpgFor those of you who where wondering...
I e-mailed John Port and this is what he said:

The bear is definitely an early Ideal, probably from around 1908-10. The picture is beautiful – what a treasure. This style Ideal is classic and so sought after.

Now I just wish I had the little guy.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Oh, Jared, I wish you had this treasure!  :hug:

But you can re-create that bear! You're a wonderful artist!

Julia

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jare clear this up where did you find the photo .I thought it might be your grandchild.

Polo, IL
jazzyrags wrote:

Jare clear this up where did you find the photo .I thought it might be your grandchild.

Fran,
How old do you think I am?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked
Dearie, I am only 29.
It is a picture of my great great great great grandmother.
So I would be repeating myself if I said it was a family photo, but my grandmother gave it to my mother several years ago.
Her name was Calferna Gilbert.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I am sorry Jare , how lucky you are to find that wonderful photo and in such good condition so what year was that?

Deb Upstate New York
Jare Hares & Bears wrote:

It is a picture of my great great great great grandmother.

Adorable granny!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You might not have the bear, but its still spooky how much your great great great great (is that enough greats?) gran looks like your neice. Can you put a picture of your neice on to show everybody?

Polo, IL

CalfernaGilbert22.jpg04282005_007.jpg44LB4034.JPG
http://www.criffenbergbearco.com/MaeLynn.html if you click here you can see more pictures of li' miss.

Amanda,
I am glad to post it.

Fran,
I would assume that the picture was taken somewhere around 1910.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Its the eyes in the eyes and mouth of MaeLynn when she is a bit older. I can definately see the same mouth shape. Its great to see your giant bear again. Thanks Jared, shes a cutie.

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jared, i do so wish you had it too....but the pic of granny is precious and  will have to do.  But perhaps it is something for all of us who are grannies to think about.....a bear to play with and trash to pieces, and one to put away and keep for when the kiddikins is grown.....kind of an investment ?

hmmmmm

dilu

Board footer