Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

You know it's time to clean your studio when...

You lose your 11 year old son in it!!

Here's my story http://insidemystudio.blogspot.com/

How about you all? How would you finish the sentence/

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Tami

I too, have a dedicated room for my bearmaking activities.  I know when it needs tidying...when my three little dogs cannot find enough space on the floor to lie down to go to sleep. It seems to be worse when I am working on a brand new pattern as I agonise over every aspect...

By the way, many congratulations on your nominations!!

Regards

Sue

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I know it's time to clean mine when I have no place to eat dinner, and can't get to the computer - my studio is also my living room, computer room and dining room  bear_laugh

Milford Ohio
suejennings wrote:

Hi Tami

I too, have a dedicated room for my bearmaking activities.  I know when it needs tidying...when my three little dogs cannot find enough space on the floor to lie down to go to sleep. It seems to be worse when I am working on a brand new pattern as I agonise over every aspect...

By the way, many congratulations on your nominations!!

Regards

Sue

Yes Sue! The dogs need a place to sleep. My cats like sleeping in a messy studio better. They enjoy laying on papers and inside open boxes!

Milford Ohio
rowarrior wrote:

I know it's time to clean mine when I have no place to eat dinner, and can't get to the computer - my studio is also my living room, computer room and dining room  :D

I suppose you keep yours pretty clean then!

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I can surely understand...I spend a couple of days organizing my bear and doll studio ( I also have a studio for my watercolors).  Then I begin another project...voila...mohair all over; pattern pieces piled next to the sewing maching; box full of bear supplies; box full of doll projects; six shelves full of boxes of different colored material; oh yes, washer and dryer on one side.  My hubby bought me a nice big table to cut fabric and work at and put it nicely in front of the window.  Well...my little dog decided it was a nice place to nap and watch out the windor for squirrels so it is now "hers"!  Now, I am starting to stack boxes of "stuff" on the floor.  I have two headless babies on the counter waiting for their hair to be rooted.  I get claustraphobia just entering the door!!!  I just had a new floor put in the room but I don't know why, I can't ever see it...

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
Tami E wrote:
rowarrior wrote:

I know it's time to clean mine when I have no place to eat dinner, and can't get to the computer - my studio is also my living room, computer room and dining room  :D

I suppose you keep yours pretty clean then!

You know I'd like to say yes, but mostly as long as there's a path through...   bear_whistle

teeeej Brisbane

I know it's time to clean my bearmaking space when... I cannot see the floor. I was hoping to take over our spare room for a studio but my Mum ended up putting a queen sized bear in there. So I end up doing a lot of my sewing in my bedroom. Once I start tripping over things and the floor can't been seen then I know its time for a cleanup. Which is quite often as my room always looks like a bomb hit it. Hopefully once my sister moves out in a few months I can use her room as a storeroom for all my bearmaking and craft supplies.  bear_grin

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Oh boy, I've just had a show this past weekend so you all know how my studio looks! bear_grin my sign is when my one little dog has just a narrow path to her bed.... which is how it is right at the moment.. Next job, tidying bear_grin

ps Therese- I love your typo, the queen size bear lol..how appropriate!

teeeej Brisbane
karenaus wrote:

Oh boy, I've just had a show this past weekend so you all know how my studio looks! bear_grin my sign is when my one little dog has just a narrow path to her bed.... which is how it is right at the moment.. Next job, tidying bear_grin

ps Therese- I love your typo, the queen size bear lol..how appropriate!

Whoops  bear_rolleyes

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

When my studio looks like this....

5685712484_9075457b1b.jpg
Post fair chaos by jen_fripperee, on Flickr

I too am suffering from post-fair chaos.

Karon Posts: 751

Janice your studio is TIDY!!!!!

Therese you sound like a kindred spirit - many bells ringing there.

I also know when it needs tidying when all THREE sewing machines end up on the floor area instead of on the table.  WORK THAT ONE OUT :crackup:

Karon

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

When you cant see the floor

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

When I start hitting my head on the ceiling!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Board footer