Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I'm making a bear out of a little furry vest someone gave me and using a three-piece pattern I got from Lenora.  Apparently you're supposed to sew the two front pieces to make a straight line from the head to the belly and then sew the front and back together.  Only I won the duh award and had the bear standing on her head when I got ready to sew her, so I thought I was working on the head but I was actually on the feet.  For those of you who don't know, I don't have eye sight, so the way this bear is cut, that's pretty easy to do.  When I finally realized what I was doing, I just went ahead and finished the head.  When I got to the legs, I realized I didn't have two legs, but rather half the leg and one big ol' straight line of fabric that I can't do anything with.  Can someone please tell me how to correct this, I'm begging you.  Or do I just need to find someone with eyeballs to help me fix this hot mess?  I really want to make this bear.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Jessie, I think you will have to have someone with eye balls to correct it for you.  Shouldn't be too hard if they can see it!!!

If you don't have anyone just send it to me and I will get it fixed for you...

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I can't even believe I DID THAT!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hey it happens,  sheesh even with eyesight I can remember when I was first making bears I had a lot of "duh" moments. It all comes with practice, this is how we learn cause once you've done that mistake once you likely won't do it ever again.   I know it's frustrating but it's all about learning.

big hugs

Shane

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Hey, I put the legs on backwards once....seriously, or the arms.  I forget which.  I was watching a really good movie and, uh, well...you get the idea.  So, believe it when I say, we all make mistakes!

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

The bear with 2 left legs, etc.  We've all done it.  :doh:

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

Just last week I put the bears head on his bum instead of his neck. I kept looking at it and thinking, this just doesn't look right.  :crackup:

Missouri
Website

I think we've all done that!  I remember cutting out two left legs! Then I had to buy more mohair for another leg!

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

hi there first teddie i made used the back of the teddy as the front couldnt understand why it had a very big bottom o well we live and learn and laugh at our mishaps i still have that teddy wont ever get rid of it bbyyeeee

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I guess it's a good thing I'm making this bear for myself.  I don't know whether to go ahead and try to sew the two legs together or get some assistance getting the front halves apart first.

Missouri
Website

You really need to get the front halves apart.  Maybe your Mom could do it for you?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Don't feel bad - I once sewed the body of a bear all the way around... without an opening!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I did that on my first bear and then had to cut him open on the back so I could stuff him.  That was a pain in the you know where.

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

wubbiebear, dont think you the only one :D

just today i tried to assemble a bear, and when i was just ready to sew the back closed, i looked at it again how sweet it will be ... and oh shock ... one leg was wrong way round ....

and NOW the teddy looks at me like : haha and YOU thought this wont happen !!
i tell you ... the whole expression changed to a HA HA HA face

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Oh no!!! 

Just had to let you guys know that I finished Dixie.  Whenever I can get someone with eyeballs, I'll post her picture.

Board footer