Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Gully Posts: 35

Got this lovely chap when on holiday in Cornwall. He's really sweet. He's a Steiff 1925 Replica and measures 50cms. I am so pleased with him, he has such a wonderful face. I can't think what to call him, any ideas anybody?  bear_original

(Had to work out how to attach pics, so his photos are in my post further down!)  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Check the size of the photo, Gully. If it's over the size limit, it won't upload. (I want to see the cute bear! bear_grin )

Becky

Is there a way of making photos smaller?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Gully wrote:

Is there a way of making photos smaller?

Yes, you need to use some kind of photo editor. If you don't happen to have Photoshop or one of those (expensive) programs on your computer, you might have a photo viewer that came with your computer that is able to re-size photos, and I've heard of several free photo editors available online. (My Office Outlook email program will also give me the option to make photos smaller when I send them with emails.)

Maybe some of the more technically minded TT-ers will have a good recommendation - here's hoping. bear_original

Becky

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

irfanview is a free programme and makes resizing very easy.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have downloaded Windows Live Photo Gallery.  I love it and do so much editing there.  It is free.  You can also use Picnik and online program, lots of stuff you can do there for free, love Picnik.  http://www.picnik.com/

Joanne

002-4.JPG002-3.JPG003-2.JPGSteiff-1925.JPGI've cracked it, here is my gorgeous new bear! Can anyone think of a suitable name for him? I'm hopeless on names! He's the 1925 Steiff Replica (50cms), a really traditional looking bear. He looks slightly pink in the photos but infact he's an off white colour with airbrushing on his pads. Such a sweet fellow and he growls!  bear_original

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Nice Bear!  I like the slightly tussled look of the fur.

The "Preview" app in Mac OS X can crop and resize photos quickly and easily.  It comes with all versions of Mac OS.

Just sit down with the Bear and share a cookie with him.  He'll tell you what his name is. Sometimes it takes a while but he will say it.  You just have to listen carefully.  It will be a small, quiet voice but, if you listen, you will hear it.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Us Bears wrote:

Just sit down with the Bear and share a cookie with him.  He'll tell you what his name is. Sometimes it takes a while but he will say it.  You just have to listen carefully.  It will be a small, quiet voice but, if you listen, you will hear it.

If your bear doesn't tell you his name, you can try out several names: just tell him the names you had in mind and he will show a nod or a wink of approval when he likes the name.  I have it from good authority that this always works!  bear_smile

We had a little chat over a cup of tea and a biscuit and he told me his name was Tom.
Thank you Peter and Melanie for guiding me on this  :hug:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Lovely bear! I really like his size and his fuzzy muzzle. bear_happy

Becky

Board footer