Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Christmas-Alf-copy.jpgHi all,
It's been a frantically busy week for me but I managed to finish a Christmas bear.
11 inch high Christmas "Alf' is made from short charcoal coloured mohair with a dark maroon backing.
He has Topaz glass eyes, and armature in his arms.
His feet are lightly filled with glass beads so he stands confidently.
He is trying to hide his Santa sack behind his back but it's too big!
Christmas 'Alf' is available at Bear Essence in Melbourne...their annual Christmas sale is tonight. :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW, Hayley . . . Alf is very, very wonderful!!  You did a tremendous job with him and his sack full of toys!  I'm sure he'll be snapped up tonight!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Hayley ,
Wow Wow Alf is such gorgeous christmas bear !!!!  :clap:
I can see the little bear in the red bag too ! so cute !!!  bear_wub 

Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

He is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well done!

Danni

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Hayley just wonderful

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

wonderful Bear .....

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hayley Hayley Hayley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Him Girl!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Many Hugs Louise

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow. Terrific bear ! bear_wub

Australia

Thankyou friends! I really enjoyed making this little guy...must be the Christmas spirit! He was a bugger to photograph though...and even then I wasn't happy with the ones I got. But I finished him at midnight and had from 6.30am until 7.15am to photograph him before I had to get him boxed and get ready for work...and it was raining outside!! So I had to use my light tent indoors....which sounds great, but I don't have enough lights for it yet. bear_sad
Anyways...he may come back to me yet..we'll see. bear_tongue

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well done Hayley.  Alf is great.   :dance:

Wish I knew about the sale...  Arrhhhh maybe next time.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow!!!!!! Tremendous job, Hayley! Love those eyes... love his hat.... love his sack of toys!
Just an amazing piece! I can't imagine he'll be coming back home with you!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH MY GOODNESS, I LOVE HIM! i havent seen a new bear of yours for a long time!!!!  He was worth the wait.. ok, now I nee to have one of your bears too *adding Just Us Bears to "the list"*

:hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hayley, this little festive guy is just a delight.  What a great face on him!  And his super fuzzy little hat is darling, too.

PS  Your PhotoShop skills are racing ahead full speed.  Terrific!

Australia

Thank you guys..your comments mean a great deal to be and are a real boost!
I haven't heard back from the store owner about whether he sold or not....will email her on Monday and ask. bear_whistle
Kim...you are more right than you know. In fact Alf is THE first bear I have finished since joining Teddy Talk(apart from my Aboriginal Bear which will now be entered into a competition in March.)

It has been such a busy few months for me, but things are set to change from now on as I have reshuffled my priorities and learned to say no to other people who ask favours of me all the time. I'm a bit of a yes person and have trouble saying no when asked to chip in some time for something...but sometimes it gets too much and I get frustrated when I don't have my bearing time.
I have two bears to get finished by the end of April for magazine projects and have paid in full for my show table in May...so there's no turning back. 2006 will be my year, and if I can't get my act together to make it a more serious pursuit by the end of 2006, it will go back to being a hobby for me. bear_ermm

Shelli, I'm still loving playing with Photoshop and am amazed at what I can do with it.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Your bears have always appealed to me, and this one is no different.
It's nice to hear that bear making fire in your belly.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wonderful, so festive and I really like the color combination! Well done!!  bear_wub  :hug:   bear_wub

Pipa UK

Wow he is gorgoeus. his santa sack is amazing! he looks GREAT!

Deb Upstate New York

He's great!  Love the face!

Board footer