Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

Hi All!
When is the next challenge starting?
Inquiring minds want to know.

JM

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Whenever someone sets one up Janice, well volunteered  bear_happy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Count me in, Janice! (What are we doing? bear_original )

Becky

Zagzagael Posts: 43

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I'm in~!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

OK - I'm brainstorming here... What do you think of these ideas?

1. It's a Wild World: A bear inspired by a real-world bear species (black, grizzly, polar, sun, moon, spectacled, panda, who am I forgetting?)

2. Crank Up the Color: A bear or other animal made from bright colors, contrasting colors, analogous colors...somehow color-themed.

How about some other ideas?

Becky

Zagzagael Posts: 43
dangerbears wrote:

OK - I'm brainstorming here... What do you think of these ideas?

1. It's a Wild World: A bear inspired by a real-world bear species (black, grizzly, polar, sun, moon, spectacled, panda, who am I forgetting?)

2. Crank Up the Color: A bear or other animal made from bright colors, contrasting colors, analogous colors...somehow color-themed.

How about some other ideas?

Becky

Both sound strong and fun, Becky!

I don't think I'm ready in my....uh, two bear experience to take on a real-world inspiration but I would certainly cheer on those who want to rise to that challenge.

Colors being Cranked Up sounds like a fantastically reachable challenge to me!

melbourne

You all crack me up!!!

I'm not sure I have time to organise a challenge but i'll happily brainstorm some ideas!

I like both your ideas Becky!

Zagzagzael I don't know if I could make a realistic bear either - but what about a normal teddy bear playing dress up?

I don't know if you've already done any of these but here's a few ideas.

Anime Bears
Baby bears
Every new technique I always wanted to try challenge (try everything, try it on one bear)
Winged bears
Design a new pattern challenge (share everything with the group from your initial sketches to prototypes, etc)

JM

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

yeah becky im ok!!!!!! always on the run bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_wub  :cake:  :dance:  :hug:  :photo:

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

This is sounding fun...except for the wild bear one.  I would love to do one of those but I am not up to that yet!

Missouri
Website

Oh boy...here's one for me!  How about finishing a bear you started long ago and left undone...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
JaniceMarie wrote:

Every new technique I always wanted to try challenge (try everything, try it on one bear)

This idea got me thinking... There are a lot of great ideas here, and even with just the few of us who have responded so far, it might be difficult to choose just one.

What do you all think of a "Challenge Yourself" challenge? Try a technique you haven't done before, or two, or three!  bear_laugh (In the past, there was an "Outside Your Comfort Zone" challenge, but that was hatched over three years ago.) For me, what would make it interesting would be to add the "tell" element to the showing of results. (Why do you want to try the technique? What are you learning along the way? How do your feel about the result? Will you use the technique again? etc.)

Let me know what you think. If you like the idea, I'll write up the official challenge. If it sounds too vague, I'll certainly go along with one of these other good ideas.

Becky

Fallenrose near Cologne

Becky I think the idea sounds great - I loved watching the out of my comfort zone challenge^^

melbourne

Sounds great Becky! Go for it!

nealabear Teddy's Treasure Chest
Toronto

Hi Everyone:

Here's a challenge for you.  Everyone take the same pattern and see how many different versions we can get of the same bear. You can dress or decorate it, enlarge it or make it smaller but other than that it has to be the same pattern.  I saw this done many years ago in Teddy Bear and Friends and you would be surprised at how different the bears can look even when made from the same pattern when a number of artists get involved in using one pattern and make it using their own style.  In the TB&F magazine there were as many different bears as there were artists making them as each artist had their own techniques and individual style. We could take the Goldie pattern since it is available to everyone through Intercal and see what happens.

Neala

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Neala,

Actually, Sue Ann has made the Goldie pattern available here. Just go to the top part of the Free Patterns section and you'll see it.

There is a large gallery of Goldies in the Challenge Gallery section, but it's now a few years old. If you'd like to get a "Goldie II" challenge going, why not start a new thread here in the challenge section?

Becky

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

One of these days I'd like to try that pattern, but I'm definitely not ready to do a jointed bear yet.

Karon Posts: 751

I like the sound of "Goldie 11 challange"

AND

"The finish a bear challenge" got a few of those sitting around!

Missouri
Website

Goldie sounds nice too!  I like to see how everyone intreprets a pattern differently!

ursaminor Posts: 52
Zagzagael wrote:

Both sound strong and fun, Becky!

I don't think I'm ready in my....uh, two bear experience to take on a real-world inspiration but I would certainly cheer on those who want to rise to that challenge.

Colors being Cranked Up sounds like a fantastically reachable challenge to me!

I think you and I have a lot in common, including perhaps the fabric our bears are made of! I'm also just as experienced as you with two whole teeny bears made haha.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan
lovenshire wrote:

Oh boy...here's one for me!  How about finishing a bear you started long ago and left undone...

Hi ,Lenora !!  bear_flower
You made me laugh!!  bear_laugh  I do have some un-finished bear at home..... :crackup:
1.panda bear(un-finished)
1.Christmas bear(not finished)
1.fun-fabric bear (not finished)

I'm making wedding bears now.  bear_wub
I love to join the new challenge too!! so please please extend a dead line !!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Just a thought - If anyone would like to start a new challenge, it would make sense to start a new thread in this section with all the details. (I sort of stepped in and "ran" the last challenge, and my bear is still the only one in the challenge photo gallery. I'd like for somebody else to run the next one.)

Becky

Missouri
Website

Well, I don't have the know how and I am busy running to the hospital now...

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Lenora wrote:

Well, I don't have the know how

For anyone who would like to suggest a challenge, you only need to know how to post here on TT. Just make a suggestion for a theme and a deadline. Then if a number of people want to participate, you have yourself a challenge.

When there are finished products ready to go into a Challenge Gallery, post a message for Quy in the Technical Help category. He'll set up a new photo gallery for the challenge right away.

Becky

Board footer