Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Karon Posts: 751

Hiya

I thought it might be fun if I started another thread so we could write about how we are progressing!

Well ... head number four is a success ('bout time too :crackup: ) head is stuffed and eyes aligned - plus HALF a smile (got to match up the other side).  Limbs are all sewn up and partly stuffed.

She has a really sweet face - I hope Lyn will love her was much as I love Tinker.

Karon

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

No further at the moment Karon  :redface:  waiting for the half-term holiday!

Yay to head number 4  :dance: I know Lynn will love her (I adore my Alice bear you made me)

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Karon

I am hoping to complete and post my swap bear to Ali during half-term week.

Regards

Sue

Fallenrose near Cologne

Some little problems with my swap partner, we're still in the way of determining what the other one would like (as she was on holiday and couldn't answer my mail) - don't want to make a green bear and in the end she doesn't like green, for example..

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am trying to finish a shop order this week for 4 bears but I have already started my swap bear for Linda..He is coming along quite nicely and is made in a new colour that I haven't used before....I am pleased with him bear_original
Laurie :hug:

teeeej Brisbane

Susan and I have decided our deadline is end of June for the bears to be finished and posted. I am a bit swamped this month with workshops and competitions. I have managed to get my bear designed though. And I was going to start cutting out this past weekend but I managed to leave the pattern at work. bear_wacko

----
Therese

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

My swap partner and I are also aiming for the end of June, but the pieces for her bear (with head #2 :P) are cut out and patiently awaiting further attention. (This is great fun! :dance:)

Becky

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Just putting the finishing touches on my bear
Hugs

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

I have started...bit behind but off and running at least!!!  :dance:

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I have had a spurt over the weekend and am getting there.  I just want to work on the face now.

My bear now has her proper eyes set in (with eyelids) and she also has her facial shading.

Ali you did say that the most troublesome bears can be the best - I am falling for this one myself bear_wub but I wouldn't have it any other way - she has such a pretty feminine face, also a bit PUG like (short turned up nose) but then I have had pugs on my mind of late :crackup:

I think it will be about another two weeks and she will be in the post.

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

I'm thinking I might have to make another head... Not too sure yet. Will see what it looks like when I sculpt it.

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

My bear is done and sitting on the mantel. He is waiting for the postman to bring him his accessories just now.  bear_wub  He's being ever so patient.  :photo:

Bless him ....

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hiya,

Its half term week for my swap partner Sue and myself, so we are both looking forward to some 'bear' time.  Sue's ahead of me at the moment and she is also making other bears for the Stratford fair ............ busy lady!!!!!

How are you all doing?

Masonbears Mason Bears
south east England

I have my bear Theo made for Therese.  My husband thinks he is great.  I am looking forward to putting him in the mail for Therese.  Will be doing that this coming week.  Not sure how long he will take to get to Australia.

teeeej Brisbane

I just finished stuffing my bear for Susan yesterday. He just needs a name and final touches and hopefully will go into the post later this week.  bear_grin

---
Therese

dinimm Melbourne

I need to pull my finger out and get moving. I just haven't been in a bearmaking mood lately. Last week I got together with a friend and did some so that was good. Need to do that more often!!

Sherroy and I have decided to post our bears at the same times.  :dance:

Happy sewing!

I was going great guns until my the latest disturbance in my personal life ... well at least its a nice one!

Still ... at least head is done (the worst part) and all limbs are sew up ready for stuffing bear_original .

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Ugh, suffered a setback for my bear in the form of a Canada Post mail strike  bear_wacko . FINALLY got the material in for my bear. Luckily the little guy Tracey wants doesn't take much time to sew up. Working on it already, hopefully between that, my move and my health I should have the bear done by end of July. Haven't heard from Tracey in a while, assuming she's busy with the online teddy show.?

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I've not managed to do any for a while and thankfully my swap partner has been more than a little patient with me (thank you Sue).  These last few weeks at work are going to be hectic and then its Summer hols  :dance:   My kids have some activities booked in for the first week so I will have some me time and I am hoping :pray:  to get the last bits done on my creation for Sue.  Plan to send it out in that last week of July.

Fallenrose near Cologne

I must admit that I haven't had the time to work on my bear for some weeks now, poor little guy is sitting unfinished on my table. I have sewn and turned all parts so now I'll have to stuff them, join them together and get the head done... But I don't have much time at the moment, as I'll have some exams this month and have to learn for them. Plus, I'm waiting for some jointes I ordered last weekend as I didn't have the right ones..

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I am so relieved to read this post - i was sure that I was the only one left to finish a bear for my partner so it is with a huge sigh of relief that I continue on my bear making journey for my partner.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I can't wait to see all the wonderful bears.  Maybe next time I will be well enough to do a bear too!

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

hello ladies
Would you be interested in haveing a novice join your swap team if so please let me know when youll be haveing the next one id love to be involved if that possible
Bear Hugs paula

Board footer