Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

crystalbear Crystal Bears
Derby

Disaster stuck today urgghhh!!

Its first time I made a white bear!!
I used gel pen.. red or blue to outline the pattern onto the fabric. Thats what I do.. and I sew on that outline..
when I turn them over to start stuffing.. blue line can be seen urrrrrrggghhhhh!!!! (dont happen with other colour.. only this one because its white)

I dont know how you do.. but what do you do about white bears?? I prefer to sew on the line as its easier for me and my eyes!!!
what can I use instead help!!!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I cut on the line, except for gussets and foot pads.  Then I cut on the line and use pencil to draw a stitch line to guide me.  I use the edge of the foot as a stitch guide.  It is easier to follow than a line drawn.

Joanne

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Crystal

I draw my cutlines with marker I found this happened as well, I don't see it where I outlined the pieces because I sew away from them.  But I tend to mark my reverse pieces with an "x" so that I know I've done every piece and don't get confused.  That is where my problem is so I don't have lines showing through at the seems my marks are right in the middle of the piece.  Only with the white and light colours.  Just figure this out.

Maybe you can shade around the seams to cover the gel pen.  That won't work for mine, but if I had the problem at the seems it is probably how I would deal with it, and learn from my mistake.

Amber

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

i use pencil on light fabrics
stupid me did a mark on the legs (for the joints) with black gelpen once and it bleeded terrible through the fabric ....
i tried to rub it off with water, alcohol and nailpolishremover ... made it not a bit better, but i had not a dot but a grayisch spot then...
i tried to hide this mistake with shading all over the bear with gray color ... now it looks like it should be like that....

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

I use a pencil on lighter fabrics and a dressmaker's white pencil on darker fabric.  Then when I cut I cut just inside the line so I'm actually cutting the line off.  Of course this only works if your cut line includes the seam allowance.

/miniteddyhugs,

Board footer