Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I am so annoyed.  I recently sold a bear to a collector in France (ebay auction).  Even with problems at the post office, I sent the bear within my 3 days handling time (as stated on my auction), but the buyer put an "item not received" paypal claim on it within the same amount of time.  So the tracking number shows she has it, but now I have to wait for paypal to review the case.  Ugh!  They say they'll do it by June 21st.  That is a long time to wait since this is my income!  Needless to say, after all this I'm not anxious to sell to her again. bear_angry

:hug:  Thanks for letting me vent... there are some things about selling on-line that are just painful!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well you would think that paypal would realize there is no way this package was going to have been received by the buyer within three days.  Sheesh,  sorry this has happened, paypal can also be a pain in the butt. 

hugs

Shane

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thanks Shane.  It sure can be!  It was bad enough waiting for the bear to get to France, but to have to wait beyond that for my funds is crazy.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

This is bad, and you do have the right to block this person from bidding. 

Joanne

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Just wanted to send you a  :hug: poor thing what a day!  It's insane that Paypal allows a non delivery complaint to be lodged so soon, regardless of where it's shipped to.. Buyers need protection sure, but so do sellers.. Its crazy that they will take so long to confirm the tracking that it was delivered! Hope they clear it up for you soon!

Conni Germany

This is awful! :hug:  I hope it everything feels well very soon!
I do not understand such buyers.....

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Melissa, that's just WRONG - -Paypal knows no one can ship overseas in three days, but they simply don't care.  Ebay has turned from a wonderful venue to a corporate black hole, that doesn't care for anything but money.  I hope you get your money back soon!!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hmm, I wonder if she is, as they say around her 'at it'.  That is to say, she knows damn fine it couldn't arrive in that time, but that she wouldn't have to pay if she claimed she'd never received it so was trying to get out of it?

Regardles, lots of  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  hope you get it resolved soon

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Melisa,
I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to my income. eBay(who owns PayPal) is becoming very unfriendly to small sellers, particularly, artists. You can't be rated any higher than standard/average unless you sell more than 100 pieces/yr. It doesn't matter how highly your customers rate you or your auction selling prices. This places us at the bottom when a customer does a search. Here's hoping things will change! Meanwhile, I'm trying to reach out to other teddy bear venues and polish my own presentations. Let us know what happens with eBay?
Karen
P.S. Your work is wonderful! Sadly, that sets you up as a target for some types  bear_sad

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you for the sympathy  :hug:   It makes a person feel very helpless, and turns an ebay auction into a very negative experience.

dinimm Melbourne

How ridiculous if people manage to get away with things like this! I hope you get good news from PayPal.

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Aww this is very sad. Some people out there are just horrible. Has she got anything else off you before? Maybe you should block her trades from Ebay.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Nightmare isn't it...I have just sold lots of things on eBay... not bears...and on each occasion underestimated the shipping so rather than ask for more money I took a small hit on the cost...but still some people marked me down on shipping costs...what do these people want...BLOOD?  I think eBay seriously needs to look at the power they hand to unscrupulous buyers who use the system knowing sellers are usually penalised without question.

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

So sory to hear that, your running a business so to speak so do what all the Corp Companies do and Debt collectors print her name on Teddy Talk blog also by now i am presuming the word re bad publicisty has already reached the ears of Pay Pal. In SA we get a lot of smart arces trying to rip off the general public,no more we let the public know now who they are it works i promise you  exuse the spelling fingers not working properly today

Good Luck Paula

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

As a French buyer myself I would not even think about doing such a bad thing!!!! I am well aware of the legnth it can take for a bear or whatever else to travel and three days is just a dream time!!!!

If one day I can afford one of your bears, be sure I will be a lovely buyer, Melissa!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub But I am sure you would not doubt about it, would you?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Hazelton, BC
Website

Oh Sophie!  I'm sure you would make a lovely buyer!   :hug:   

Thanks again for all the sympathy... it does help to know others understand  bear_original  :hug:

Conni Germany

:hug:  :hug:

Board footer