Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

DSCF3225tt.jpgDSCF3228tt.jpgI made this 14" bear for Isa (Les Ours d'Isabelle) after I fell in love with one of her kitties - Clafoutis. He's made from a tan-colored distressed Norton mohair and a dense white Schulte mohair, and I called him Zorro because he looks like a little fox to me. bear_original

I hope Isa likes him. :hug:

Becky

HeidiBears florida

WOW!!! He is so handsome!! His nose and mouth are just perfect! I am sure that she will love him  bear_grin

ursaminor Posts: 52

You made the sweetest bears, I swear! Look at that smile bear_original You make the neatest little noses, too. I am sure she will just love him - all your bears just love to travel, there's no question about it bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Awww, thanks very much, Heidi and Pam!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'm very glad you like Zorro, and the bears do love to travel, don't they! bear_laugh

Becky

Conni Germany

Becky, you has so cute bears! He is very beautiful! She will love him!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he's gorgeous, great trade  bear_flower

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What a sweet, sweet bear, Becky!  bear_wub I love the combination of furs on Zorro's face.

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Zorro is a real sweetie.  I'm sure he will be much-loved.  I love the way you have used the two colours.

Hugs

Sue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Conni, Katy, Debora, Sue -  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Your sweet words about Zorro make me very happy, and Isa seems to like him as well! bear_original  (You can see her Clafoutis here: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=41344 Such a pretty kitty!)

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I used to love watching Zorro (in B & W) as a kid and now I love this Zorro as well !  bear_wub

He is as handsome and dashing as the original Zorro and I am sure he will protect Isabel against all villains.  bear_laugh

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Vincent & Arthur

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Peter wrote:

I am sure he will protect Isabel against all villains.

Tee hee bear_laugh That is the idea, and I hope you're right.

Becky

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Wow a gorgeous bear. I love the colours and the incorporation of the two. Really classic.
Oh i'm jealous hehe.

Richard
x

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Richard wrote:

Oh i'm jealous hehe

Thank you, Richard! (My work is done. :lol:)

Becky

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Hey Becky, since he has two colors, are there two different textures going on in the fur or is it the same?  Can you describe his texture for me?  Is it the same as what Joanie feels like?  BTW, Joanie, Arcto, and all the rest of my bears and plushies send their love.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Wubbie wrote:

Can you describe his texture for me?  Is it the same as what Joanie feels like?

I'll try! The white fur is on his tummy, whisker area, and the backs of his ears. It's dense, so quite thick, and wavy and fairly long (I think 3/4" pile). It's kid mohair, so it's soft, though still pretty substantial (not silky like some faux fur).

The tan fur is also wavy and long-ish, but less dense. It's distressed, so it's meant to look interesting and vintage. It's as if it's been bent in random places, so it doesn't all lie in the same direction. It's not as soft to the touch as the kid mohair.

Joanie's mohair, on the other hand, I'd describe as sparse and springy. It's easy to feel the backing fabric since it's sparse, but since it stands up, the effect is fluffiness, I'd say. (Plus Joanie is bright blue, which is genetically rare among teddy bears--tee hee.)

Becky

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Here's a dorky question.  How would you compare Zoro's texture with Arcto or Red, the one I told you about who feels kind of rough?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I'm not sure I can answer that one...I might need to send you samples.

Becky

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Sorry.  I know I'm awful.

Board footer