Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

ursaminor Posts: 52

Hey everyone. I just found out that the New York Public Library has a library subscription to Teddy Bears & Friends. That means anyone who is a member of the New York Public Library gets access for free! They have issues from 1996 all the way up to the current issue. If you live anywhere in NY state, you can get a library card for free and then get access for free.

For those that have a NYPL card and would like free access to Teddy Bears & Friends, follow these instructions:

1. Go to nypl.org.

2. At the top of the page, click "Find Books, DVDs and More".

3. Click "Articles and Databases".

4. On the left hand side of the webpage, click "Find e-Journals by Title".

5. If you're at home, click "Full Text Journals (From Home)." If you happen to be using a computer any ANY branch of the NYPL system (Manhattan, Staten Island, Bronx) click "Full Text Journals (on-site in the Library)."

6. Type in "Teddy Bears" or just "Teddy" into the search bar. The journal will come up as a result.

7. Click the link for "MasterFILE Premier" - this is the database that provides the journal. Once there, you will see all the years available on the right hand side of the page. Just click any of them to view - you can download any article .pdf or an HTML file, or you can email the file to yourself.

Pretty neat huh! The New York Public Library is an amazing resource! bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That is very neat! Good sleuthing, and good instructions for those in NY. Enjoy the magazine!

Becky

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

And what's about me in Austria???? I'm living a bit too far away from NY - can I join in anyway??????  bear_rolleyes  :dance:  :dance:  :crackup:

ursaminor Posts: 52
Dreli-Bears wrote:

And what's about me in Austria???? I'm living a bit too far away from NY - can I join in anyway??????  bear_rolleyes  :dance:  :dance:  :crackup:

Oh I wish I could extend the offer outside of my home state! But if there's ever a particular issue you're looking for, I can get it to you through my access at least bear_original

Board footer