Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

toshiaTOKYO Alabama

I've had this bear since I was two years old, my grandmother gave it to me as a gift.
I am now about to turn twenty.. I've had it for a long time and I have not seen a tag on this bear as long as I've had it.
I have no idea who made it or where it came from my grandmother don't remember where she gotten it.
Can anyone help me out?

This bear did not have a shirt, I just found it.   bear_original

IMG00849-20110627-0020.jpg

IMG00847-20110627-0020.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Toshia,

You could try posting your bear in the Collector's Corner section of the website. (This section is for "for sale" bears. :))

Becky

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
toshiaTOKYO wrote:

I've had this bear since I was two years old, my grandmother gave it to me as a gift.
I am now about to turn twenty.. I've had it for a long time and I have not seen a tag on this bear as long as I've had it.
I have no idea who made it or where it came from my grandmother don't remember where she gotten it.
Can anyone help me out?

Would this teddy bear likely be American, I wonder?  From the shape of his nose (the rounded, and inset fur) and the shape of his legs, he has all the markings to me of being a Gund from the early-to-mid 80s.  But then Gund, back then, would always supply a tush tag.

I have a Gund teddy similar in shape and style to the one in the photos you've sent through.

-- Thomas Adam

toshiaTOKYO Alabama

Thank you Thomas Adam.    bear_original

Board footer