Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I know that i have my frustartions with ebay.
Just remember they are a new company, even though it seems they have been around forever.
I watched a special on MSNBC here almost a year ago. They are dealing with growth issues that they couldn't possible have made plans for.
But I still think that there are many things that they could do to improve customer service not only to buyers but to sellers as well.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK
Shelli wrote:

I think part of the problem here is that if, in fact, this ebay account is hijacked

This is the way it looks to me too, Shelli. I feel so sorry for the person whose account it was originally. And I think I'm right in saying that one of the ways an account can be hijacked is if an unsuspecting member answers a scam e-mail that appears to come from eBay itself... You know the kind... 'Your account details need to be updated. Please click here and enter enter your ID and password etc etc' It's worth pointing out that all legitimate e-mails from eBay will also be found in the messages section of 'your account', not just in your e-mail inbox. So it's always wise to double check e-mails that seem to come from eBay.

Anyway, it's my guess that the poor member in Germany answered an e-mail like that and had their details used against them. Aargh. Their feedback was good until this point.

Thankfully the offending auctions have now been pulled. But it's good to know we can all keep a close eye on this sort of thing and help each other!

Deb Upstate New York
Helena wrote:

You know the kind... 'Your account details need to be updated. Please click here and enter enter your ID and password etc etc'

Exactly!

Irene Irenours-bears
France

but how do you know that your auction has been stolen? Maybe Ebay must allow each auction to be upload just one time and it can't be copie-paste, like when someone try to copie a picture and hi can't?

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I noticed in the feedback that one of the bear artists had bid on her bear herself.  That was a good idea, if you put a high enough bid on no one else will end up winning the bear and then you can also leave negative feedback.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I say just be careful and if something looks fishy it most likely is.

You can always send funny looking e-mails to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com, they will tell you if the e-mail is llegitmate or not.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thank god thats all sorted out,

Board footer