Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Has your news been talking about what will happen to heating oil prices in England now?  What is the primary source of heat in England?

And have they truly decided it was an accident and not terror

news over here is sketchy- even on Rupert Murdoch's stations

dilu the worry wort

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

They are always going on about higher heating prices. We use mainly gas in our homes. My husband used to work down the pits (coal mines) and we had free coal for a few years, but Margaret Thatcher closed them all as they 'were not' viable. Our area had lots of mines and both my grandads worked in them. Like many places who knows what will happen, as oil, gas runs out. I have'nt had chance to read the newspapers or watch the news, but it might take a few days to totally put the fire out. I don't think its terror linked but I suppose we will know more in the next few days. Penny and Jane live quite close so they might know more.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap: I'm happy they haven't linked it to terrorists  :clap:   Even if it were, and they never squeaked a word about them, but only said it was an accident...then the terrorists would NOT have succeeded!!!!  They would not have the terror that they want, nor the attention that they want. 

I do wonder what's to happen in the upcoming months, but it does sound like the petrol companies are considering what they'll have to do to shift things around.  I hope they come up with valid solutions to keep the heating oil reasonable this season  :pray:

Board footer